iPod nano in screen trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Journeyman
People slavering to get Apple's "impossibly small" iPod Nano into their sticky hands may want to pause a moment: those ahead of them in the queue have discovered that it's also unbelievably easy to scratch the screen, nixing its photo-displaying abilities

Apple's discussion forums are already host to a 188-post thread on the topic, where people have spotted that the plastic used for the screen and front of the product is as sensitive as a Kate Moss sponsor says The Register.

To check out the Apple forum on this details go to *discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@823.1UXDaaTXUpD.0@.68b94d61

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
How did Apple slip up ? I am sure they'll come out with a new version soon which will have the issues ironed out.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
They are not yet owning up to that problem!! The head of their iPod division claims it's made from the hardest polycarbonate and thinks that people put it in the same pocket as their keys!! I thought that was absolutely ridiculous! One of my friends got a nano the week after it was released and he had scratches pretty soon. The graphite version shows up the scratches real easy. The worst part is that the screen gets messed up too with the body.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Now thats a big problem. Especially with graphite casing. Looks too bad. Feel sorry for people.

OP
A

abracadabra

Journeyman
to check the pictures of damaged screens check

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=68294&cat_id=615&page=2

*www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=68294&cat_id=615&page=3

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Man it looks like somebody stamped on those screens. Guess the screen is too fragile.

avi_avadhut

Broken In
guys,

what about movie on iPOD.

is it coming or with any existing model it is possible.

there is one converter from iPOD to s-video what does it do.

nothing is clearly mentioned on apple site about s-video.

i want to store movie on iPod and get the output to TV

can anybody help.....

avi

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
i read in cnet that stevejob is planning to keep ipod just as it is and plans to makes some improvements in it as a mp3 player. he says no one has found the right formula for video and fm radio. so we can expect to say solid as ipod for a few years atleast

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
No video on iPod dear. It does have a video out so you can connect it to an external device, but its limited to displaying photos stored on it.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
hmmm...wonder why Andy hasnt posted here still...lol.... but this is a serious downer for the nano. I was seriously considering buying this one until I heard of this issue. shucks!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
eek.. this looks like a serious problem. Wonder why the guys at arstechnica didn't face this when they were dropping the nano and running cars over it.. the LCD went out that time too... but they never got such probz.. maybe it's a prob with one batch or a few defective pieces hv made it to the market..

Frankly, you'd never expect such a thing from a company which values quality more than quantity..

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Good to see you around Andy. Didnt know that they put it through such torture tests. And you are right about Apple's committment to quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom