iPhone unlocked: AT&T loses iPhone exclusivity (works in India now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/08/iphone-unlocked-01.jpg​

It's high noon, Apple and AT&T -- we really hate to break it to you, but the jig is up. Last night the impossible was made possible: right in front of our very eyes we witnessed a full SIM unlock of our iPhone with a small piece of software. It's all over, guys.

The iPhoneSIMfree.com team called us up to prove their claim that they cracked Apple's iPhone SIM lock system, and prove it they did. (No, we don't have a copy of the unlock software, so don't even ask us, ok?) The six-man team has been working non-stop since launch day, and they're officially the first to break Apple's SIM locks on the iPhone. It's done. Seriously. They wouldn't tell us when and how they would release it to the public, but you can certainly bet that they'll try to make a buck on their solution (and rightly so). We can hardly believe the iPhone's finally been cracked. No, scratch that -- we just can't believe it took this long.

Again: we can confirm with 100% certainty that iPhoneSIMfree.com's software solution completely SIM unlocks the iPhone, is restore-resistant, and should make the iPhone fully functional for users outside of the US. Read on for details and links to our video, and check out the gallery of images below.

[Via Engadget]

The deed is done. God! I so wish I'd asked my sister to buy me an iPhone instead of that Panasonic camera. :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pathiks said:
Great !! So arya so wat r ur iPhone plans? Getting 1?
Naah. I only buy original stuff. One of the best things about buying an Apple product is the world class customer service. I wouldn't want to lose that. :)

readermaniax said:
@aryayush..
Upload Pics On Maxupload..
Which pics? Everything that needs to be seen is in the title pic itself. The iPhone is running on a T-Mobile SIM card, has 100% coverage and even has native third party applications installed and available from the home screen itself. :)

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
iPhone is not exclusive... he he he we have "I Clone"... YES !!! Chinese are out !!

*www.popsci.com/popsci/technology/e7e48a137b144110vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

Well read the article!!! I loved the part where they talk about "Chinese rip off cars" :D... one of them is an exact copy of Mercedes "C-class" ... and it's called :D "Geely Meerie"

he he he

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@gsoul2soul thats a cool Link :D

Excuse me .. I just read this
Apple secures Europe iPhone revenue deals
Apple has succeeded in committing European mobile phone operators that want exclusively to sell its new iPhone to share parts of their revenues with the technology group.

The contract, which was signed by three European mobile operators in recent days, requires that the operators hand over to Apple 10 per cent of the revenues made from calls and data transfers by customers over iPhones.

The contract was signed by T-Mobile of Germany, Orange of France and O2 in the UK, people familiar with the situation told FT Deutschland, the Financial Times’s sister paper.

The operators are set officially to announce the partnerships at the IFA trade fair in Berlin at the end of August.

T-Mobile, Orange and O2 declined to comment on Tuesday.
Link

Last edited:

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
Apple's Stock just went up. iPhone sales should now triple!!!

(Rumour has it that Apple gets 10% of the subscription price, so Apple will probably care.)

BlackBerry7100g said:
Once again , Apple Products witness a lapse in security ! :)

not only apple, all branded phones can be unlock & technologies. can be cracked....only needs good electronics and software knowledge...
:D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i think its bad on apple's part to demand a kinda royalty from the operators! either release it there or don't and how foolish can the operators get by signing the contract??!!!

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ how does it matter to the operators??? they must have accounted for all that wen creating the contract with apple..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom