iPhone in India : Airtel to launch on Aug 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Airtel has announced that it’s launching 3G iPhone on Aug 22nd (reuters).

Vodafone was supposed to have 15 day edge over Airtel, but looks like they would rather wait till August 15th for the launch.

*www.pluggd.in/2008/08/iphone-in-india-airtel-to-launch-on-aug-22-vodafone

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
^ Both the operators are launching on Aug. 22nd !

Source :: *economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3334865.cms

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I fail to understand, why all this hype. The press keeps reporting it like the countdown to the Olympics. I got a call from an intensivist friend of mine, he wanted to know what the iPhone was all about and if it's worth owning one. I told him that it certainly is worth if you want to SHOW OFF. If you only want to make calls and send sms it's not worth it. 3G isn't out yet, and only once it is we'll know
1. how costly it is
2. how reliable or good it is
I really want to see how many will really use all the features or just.........well........SHOW OFF

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2123380002_ec73f8668a_o.png

wth ??? this had been discussed earlier..... just look to the bottom and see similar threads....
dude, if it is under 15k each child will have one .... including me :D:lol:

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Thats not true. It states the cost of the original iPhone when launched in US. No word on pricing on iPhone 3G in India in the article.

GauravCJ

Banned
In India, we consumers basically pay much higher-than-it-should-be prices for anything that belongs to the "enthusiast" segment, because then the sellers/distributors know that they are catering to the rich folks and it's their golden chance to exploit.

Consider the case of graphics cards.......the low end ones like the 8400 series or the 9600 series are more or less in sync with their US prices, but try the 8800GT, 8800Ultra, 9800GX2 or the GTX 280.........their all blowing pockets away here, thanks to greedy distributors.

A few days back I was hunting for the HD4870 card, which is available in the US for 270 odd dollars, and the price here is 19,999. So damn outrageous.

Here in India, good things = cost more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom