IP Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

help_me

Broken In
hey guy all my frnds keep on say tht there ip address changes everyday.... while some says itz the same everyday... wht is this ... and in wht kinda connectiion does IP changes everyday... and is it nice tht ur ip changes everyday???

digen

Youngling
There are two types
1.Dynamic IP address & a 2.Static IP address

1.Dynamic IP adress keeps chaninging.Normally dial-up internet providers go with dynamic ip addresses.It changes everytime you log-off & then log-in.

2.Static IP addresses are given by ISP's to say broadband users or people who need to host their public services like http server,ftp server...etc
But this comes at a cost.

Well is it nice or not depends.If you have a dynamic IP & say a script kiddie scans your system,if you log off by the time then he would have to port scan a range again to find you in it.
At the same time this has cons too,you cant host your public services online cause each time to log-off/log-in you will have a different IP address & for people to keep track of this becomes cumbersome.Although there are services like dynamicdns it isnt for professionals.

I hope you understood the logic behind it.

there are basically 2 types of ip addresses- static and dynamic. as the name suggests, static ips remains unchanged, and are generally given to people with lots of cash in their pockets and major organizations etc. dynamic addresses are given to common users like us.

eg for static ip: website servers like thinkdigit servers

eg for dynamic ip: the ip given to you in a dialup connection, and most of the cheap broadband services in india. (like airtel, bsnl dataone etc)

and if anybody uses a leased line for internet from the government, they can get static ips.

the dynamic ip doesnt change everyday. instead, you get alloted a random address everytime you conenct to your isp.

it sure is nice your ip changes. suppose you take some forum, lets take gamefaqs forum, and you post offensive messages, you will be banned for life, and your ip address will be traced so that you cannot ever login to your account, and not even you can create another id. so, when you disconnect and reconnect, then your ip changes, and so you can create an account in that forum and flame other members to your heart's content. this is not possible in static ip.

there are more advantages, but my hands hurt from that extensive typing, so im taking my sweaty hands off the keyboard.
:)

OP
H

help_me

Broken In
dheeraj_kumar said:
there are basically 2 types of ip addresses- static and dynamic. as the name suggests, static ips remains unchanged, and are generally given to people with lots of cash in their pockets and major organizations etc. dynamic addresses are given to common users like us.

eg for static ip: website servers like thinkdigit servers

eg for dynamic ip: the ip given to you in a dialup connection, and most of the cheap broadband services in india. (like airtel, bsnl dataone etc)

and if anybody uses a leased line for internet from the government, they can get static ips.

the dynamic ip doesnt change everyday. instead, you get alloted a random address everytime you conenct to your isp.

it sure is nice your ip changes. suppose you take some forum, lets take gamefaqs forum, and you post offensive messages, you will be banned for life, and your ip address will be traced so that you cannot ever login to your account, and not even you can create another id. so, when you disconnect and reconnect, then your ip changes, and so you can create an account in that forum and flame other members to your heart's content. this is not possible in static ip.

there are more advantages, but my hands hurt from that extensive typing, so im taking my sweaty hands off the keyboard.
:)

hey thankz a lot ...... and yes do rest ur hands
and yes if any one over here has a dynamic ip .. plz pm me....

digen

Youngling
Dude most of us here will have a dynamic IP.I'm on Airtel ADSL.What exactly do you wanna know?& why pm? why not discuss it over here?

thats what every guy with an internet connection from isps like bsnl dataone, airtel, iqara hathway , sify aall those stuff. i have dynamic, and i believe you have one too.

digen

Youngling
and yes if any one over here has a dynamic ip .. plz pm me....

Well this is just great, you help a guy & the next thing you know KABOOM he spams your inbox WTF !!

*img141.echo.cx/img141/9914/spam0rd.th.jpg

RAABOO I need a spam filter for my PM Inbox !!

saROMan

QA Juggler
haha..hey nice Idea.....Get a google acc....get some digit members to click the adds..and make money ..:p

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
now waht if i say that i am in local cable connection... & i want change my IP address??? now u guyes will say to try the proxy servers....

if i am on windows server 2003 then what?? can this window act Or has any program to do it?? & what for winXP SP2??

& also want to know wat r the benifits & losses of this action.... i mean changing my IP address.....

& for dial up... like reliance & tata.... is this true that every day or in every connection the address changes?? i mean my IP address...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hallo anyone??

now waht if i say that i am in local cable connection... & i want change my IP address??? now u guyes will say to try the proxy servers....

but who realy new to this proxy server thing (like me).... any guide to do it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom