Ip Address ?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Hey guyz.........

Plzzz tell me about some good demo/shareware software which gives full detail of any IP ADDRESS. Is it possible to know home address, telephone no, exact locality ???

Reply soon.......

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
IP address
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a unique number that devices use in order to identify and communicate with each other on a computer network utilizing the Internet Protocol standard (IP). Any participating network device — including routers, computers, time-servers, printers, Internet fax machines, and some telephones — must have its own unique address. An IP address can also be thought of as the equivalent of a street address or a phone number (compare: VoIP) for a computer or other network device on the internet. Just as each street address and phone number uniquely identifies a building or telephone, an IP address can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on a network.

An IP address can appear to be shared by multiple client devices either because they are part of a shared hosting web server environment or because a proxy server (e.g. an ISP or anonymizer service) acts as an intermediary agent on behalf of its customers, in which case the real originating IP addresses might be hidden from the server receiving a request. The analogy to telephone systems would be the use of predial numbers (proxy) and extensions (shared).

IP addresses are managed by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority. IANA generally assigns super-blocks to Regional Internet Registries, who in turn allocate smaller blocks to Internet Service Providers and enterprises.

source
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address

An identifier for a computer or device on a TCP/IP network. Networks using the TCP/IP protocol route messages based on the IP address of the destination. The format of an IP address is a 32-bit numeric address written as four numbers separated by periods. Each number can be zero to 255. For example, 1.160.10.240 could be an IP address.

Within an isolated network, you can assign IP addresses at random as long as each one is unique. However, connecting a private network to the Internet requires using registered IP addresses (called Internet addresses) to avoid duplicates.

The four numbers in an IP address are used in different ways to identify a particular network and a host on that network. Four regional Internet registries -- ARIN, RIPE NCC, LACNIC and APNIC -- assign Internet addresses from the following three classes.
# Class A - supports 16 million hosts on each of 126 networks
# Class B - supports 65,000 hosts on each of 16,000 networks
# Class C - supports 254 hosts on each of 2 million networks

The number of unassigned Internet addresses is running out, so a new classless scheme called CIDR is gradually replacing the system based on classes A, B, and C and is tied to adoption of IPv6.

source
*www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/IP_address.html

sknowonweb

Journeyman
I fear exact locality cant be findout by laymen like us . But if u are an ISP u can fish things out . there are few sites which can tell u which town/city u are from using IP address . Google that .

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
sknowonweb said:
I fear exact locality cant be findout by laymen like us . But if u are an ISP u can fish things out . there are few sites which can tell u which town/city u are from using IP address . Google that .

i want2know abt software..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom