IP Address

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by Ishan, Apr 16, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ishan

Ishan New Member

Can any one change one's IP address?

2. yrana2002

yrana2002 New Member

Well, if you have a Dynamic IP, then your IP changes everytime you disconnect & reconnect to the internet.
    However, that depends on your ISP.

A better option is to use a proxy software which replaces your IP, with another random or specified IP, maintaining you as Anonymous.
    There are a lot of proxy firewall softwares around.

Savvy :!:

3. Nimda

Nimda l33t n00b!

Well you can't actually 'change' your IP address as such but you can make it appear different to the outside world. For that, just use a firewall like Zonealarm. But even then it's possible to find out your real IP.

If you have a dial-up connection for eg, then your IP address changes each time you connect to the net. You can check your current IP by executing the 'ipconfig' command at the command prompt.

Using proxies is a good way to hide your real IP address but this will slow down your browsing speed.. just search the net and you'll find tons of good proxy servers you can use.

4. OP
    OP
    Ishan

Ishan New Member

Well I have BSNL Broasd Band Connection. I don't want to hide my real Ip address but just i wan to make it appear different to some sites i am using, so which is better to use? zone alarm or should i disconnect and reconnetc again?
    Today this happened with me: In morning i was registering with different names on net for the same software, but after 2 or 3 times it said no more regist. allowed from the same IP. I stopped it. Then in eve i again reconnected and i was allowed to register for two more times. and ten the same error as in morn. Does that mean that my IP address was different in eve than in morn. Does it means that For BSNL dataone Broad band connection also my IP address was changed?[/b]

5. shoegoe

shoegoe New Member

IP address can be changed* in many ways

1) if you are using a dynamic ip connection like dialup or non-static bb, you can request a new ip from your isp by typing "ipconfig /renew" in command prompt..

2) Simple disconnection and reconnection will assign a new ip to your system

3)Other way is to use a proxy..

A proxy is like a intermediate server that forwards your request as it own. Suppose you connect a website say, www.google.com.

Without a proxy, your computer uses its own ip to request the html,jpeg,etc files for google.com. so your request headder has your ip and agent details + requested files.. So when google sees their logs, they see your ip in their request header. got it?

But..when you use a proxy, all the your file request (Remeber that a webpage actually contains many relevent files) are given to the proxy's ip.. so it then requests the page for you from google.. When google sends the files, it comes first to the proxy and then to you.. So when google sees their logs, they see only the proxy's ip address in the forward header.

But since proxy are now well known ( for some ages).. there are ways for google to get your real ips inspite you use proxies.. The file request header from the proxy top google has your ip also but in diff variable..

So to completly cover your ips you can use different types of proxies..

Transparent proxies - Which has your ip in its header
    Anonymous proxies - Which hides your ip in its header up to an extent
    Highly anonymous/ elite proxies - Completly hides your ip in all the forward requests..

There are lots of proxy lists available.. But it is a bit hard to get high speed working proxies.. Just google around for some time about proxies, get a proxy pinger ( proxy validator) to check the fasted proxies to your system and use it to HIDE your ip

i think they are the better ways to hide ips without discon..

And also.. If tou want to switch proxies while browsing, use proxy switcher extensin in firefox. it works very well to enter certain sites..

Hope this helps..

P.S. MOST OF THE BB Uses dynamic as there are only a few who needs a staitic ip for certain purpose. To get a static you need to specially pay an added amout/month to get a permanent static ip. Otherwise, all the connections are 90% dynamic

6. nishant_nms

nishant_nms New Member

ya BSNL uses dynamic IPs so whenever u will login u will get a new IP

7. OP
    OP
    Ishan

Ishan New Member

Got it! Thanks to all for such a wonderful explanation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.