Invoicing S/W

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
Hello. can u please help me obtain an invoicing s/w like the ones used in Supermarkets. I have tried a lot but could not get it. I heard that it is a C-prog.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yep most of em r c programs or c++ ones and few i've seen have no oses itself, jus the program...
try this :
*www.google.co.in/search?hs=32M&hl=...ficial&q=invoicing+software&btnG=Search&meta=
tis a search buddie...

P>S> do u need it for linux ?
Or did u start seein opensource as free source, plz move this if unrelevant...

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
I'm sorry, I just went into the normal belief that Open Source is Free. I actually wanted a simle s/w as those used in Super Markets. Just enter the Item Code(s)+Taxes and get the printed BILL. The s/w I found on the google search link U gave do not contain any free s/w except for P.C. Invoice, which I had already got while doing a google a few days back. This s/w is good but the printout takes a Full Page, which is not what I require. There is no problem paying money for it, but the problem is that my friend, who actually requires that s/w has a small dealership and the cost of many such s/w are around 40$-50$ (x43.?? Rs.). So please tell me wether I can get s/w for upto 500 INR.
Im sorry but I should have to better to post it in this section. Anyways, I need the s/w for Windows 98SE/Me.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Try searching for Point of sale invoicing softwares.
Here: *www.google.com/search?q=point+of+sale+invoice+free+"open+source"+software&btnG=Search
I am not fully aware of the type of invoicing they provide, but here's a directory listing:
*www.bizforms.com/hlpchrt4.htm

gauravnawani

Journeyman
*sourceforge.net/projects/compiere/

PS: It was nice to hear that you are thinking of acquring a software by paying for it. Do you know you that you can also post these type of queries in various Linux user groups and some of the people there might be interested in making a custom software for you. For some money of course.

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks for the info Gaurav.

Can you please tell me the websites/e-mail Id's of the aforementioned groups. I do hope they don't charge astronomical prices or prices in currency other than INR.

gauravnawani

Journeyman
Friend,

I gave you the direct link to the software in the previous post, its hosted at sourceforge( the mother of free or OSS softwares). You can go to the link and learn about it there.

Oh and BTW please check the project first so that it meets your needs. I saw this information on the above link. Hope fully this is what you are looking for.

Smart ERP+CRM solution for Small-Medium Enterprises in the global market covering all areas from order and customer/supplier management, supply chain to accounting.

Here is the direct link, you can find the email or contact information on this page. *www.compiere.org/

It under mozilla liscense, and that makes it Opensource. So I dont think you will need to spend money on it. Un less other wise you hire the company services which if they offer.

OP
ECE0105

ECE0105

In the zone
Thanks for all the help guys.

Presently Downloading the s/w. Will let you know soon which serves my purpose best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom