Invalid Partition Table ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Hye there Brothers and Sweet Chicks

Can you guys tell me what this message "Invalid Partition Table"

Yesterday i deleted a linux Partition and formeted it as a ntfs one to use it for data dump in windows. then i renamed the drive letters C,D,E,F,G,H i mean

initially it was like

c: 28 GB
d: 20 GB
1 GB LINIX SWAP (for UBUNTU)
9 GB RESIZER (for UBUNTU)
e: 30 GB
f: 30 GB
g: 31.x GB

after formating

d: 20 GB
e: 30 GB
g: 31.x GB
h: 10 GB

after renaming (labeling, etc) through disk management

d: 10 GB
e: 20 GB
g: 30 GB
h: 31.x GB

every thing worked fine till here

then i formated the drive C: to reinstall the windows

after the formating and copying files through Bootable XPSP2 CD

it shows a message "Invalid Partition Table"

is there any way to ease my pain. all my drives are full (may be 1 or 2 gb free in each drive, except the newly formated one)

i don wanna loose my data.

thanks in advance.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Your MBR has been corrupted, boot from ur XP CD and during the installation begins, it prompt you that an another OS has been found and do u want to repair it? So It asks u to hit a specified button, hit it... the installation will patch ur Current OS.... See the result

And your data will be secure.............

Last edited:
OP
DukeNukem

DukeNukem

Come get Some
dear SOS Replyer

Thanks

but my data is secure. i can see and use every thing present on my 160GB (after using it as a slave with my 40 GB HDD) HDD trouble is that i cannot install any Win OS on it, as after copying files (first step of the XP setup) when the system reboots it shows the error INVALID PARTITION TABLE. (though i am able to install and use UBUNTU)

what i think is the last option is to fdisk this drive again but i dont have the
spare 149 GB Space to dump my data first as backup

is there any other way, as xp didnt find any other OS while installation procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom