Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
I ran the sw REG Seeker provided with a recent edition of Digit. When I ran their Registry cleaning option, among the various items that could be cleaned, appeared this. Since it was marked in red, I am a little unsure of the consequence of deleting it.
Firstly can anybody tell me what this registry key means and and also if it is safe to delete keys like these.
*img300.imageshack.us/img300/2635/invalidentry4he.jpg

anandk

Distinguished Member
i quote "The Registry contains information that Windows continually references during operation, such as profiles for each user, the applications installed on the computer and the types of documents that each can create, property sheet settings for folders and application icons, what hardware exists on the system, and the ports that are being used".
click *support.microsoft.com/kb/256986/EN-US/#Topic1

normally it is safe to delete invalid registry keys which are detected by registry cleaners. but i have not used RegSeeker, so cannot comment on it. some programs are known to screw things up, so be careful. prima facie it appears safe to delete the mentioned registry entry.

ace utilities, tune-up utilities, winaso registry optimizer, system mechanic, ccleaner, super utilities are some of the safer registry cleaners which u can try. click www.download.com. :)

Charley

Just Do It
slugger said:
Since it was marked in red, I am a little unsure of the consequence of deleting it.
Firstly can anybody tell me what this registry key means and and also if it is safe to delete keys like these.

you can go ahead and delete it . Infact I'm using it for quite some time. I usually run it in between a span of 3-4 days and remove all unecessary stuff in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom