intex ethernet card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk

Broken In
Friends,
I have a compaq pc with windowsxp sp2,recently i needed to add an external networkcard, the vendor had given an Intex ethernet card for Rs 200/- and said it works properly in all systems,
it came with drivers on floppy
but on starting windows detects a ethernetcard but refuses to accept the drivers on floppy, also tried searching on google for drivers but windows refused all those drivers also[including Myson MTD80X LANNIC and Retech8139D drivers].
the bios detects it as pcibus=3,device=1,function=0
so it it problem of intex or compaq
should i return this card?
thx for ur suggestion.

OP
R

rk

Broken In
no cyrux,it says
1=on boot=>ethernet adapter found
2=welcome to the hardware update wizard
3=wizard gives 2 options=

a=install the software automatically
on selecting this=says=cannot install this hardware,click back if u have installation media
b=install from a list or specific location
on selecting[network adapters] ,searches for sometime then says =unable to find any drivers for this device,gives option ="havedisk"
on giving location of driver ,says="specific location does not contain information abt your hardware".

cyrux

In the zone
fine , i guess XP doesnt have the right drivers for your card, but thats no problem . When you have an active internet connection why dont u serach for your card's drivers on the internet. I am sure your going to find it on intex's website. No need of banging your head on that floppy.

OP
R

rk

Broken In
tried intex's website, but they offer no drivers on website,on google search found that many people says this card doesn't work on xp easily
also tried many drivers from Retech[people said intex uses Retech chipset]but no use

A

ASH_DSG

Exchange ur card immediately these cards are faulty my friends also buy these as they are cheap but it don't work it will detected but cannot be installed and if installed then again it will give problems to ur motherboards as hanging and restarting windows so go for Dlink or replace ur mobo to new one as new mobos are come with in build lan card. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom