Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
is there any software which can dig out my temporary internet cache to find out the multimedia content like music and videos which may be locally downloaded to my system while i watch them online.. i remember such a software appearing in digit sometime back but don remember the exact name? any body knows?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Might not need software.

In the Internet Explorer, Tools->Internet Options.
Under General Tab, temporary internet files, click on settings.
Here, click on View Files
Search in this folder for what u want.

For Firefox cache, type about:cache in the FF address bar.

BTW, r u speakin about Cache View?

Last edited:
OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
koolbluez said:
Might not need software.

In the Internet Explorer, Tools->Internet Options.
Under General Tab, temporary internet files, click on settings.
Here, click on View Files
Search in this folder for what u want.

For Firefox cache, type about:cache] in the FF address bar.

BTW, r u speakin about Cache View?

Well, I use mozilla ff and the problem is there are over 1000 entries and when i list the cache entries searching the specific files ( in my case media files ) becomes a problem because i wont be knowing the extensions as well..

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
hariharan said:
Well, I use mozilla ff and the problem is there are over 1000 entries and when i list the cache entries searching the specific files ( in my case media files ) becomes a problem because i wont be knowing the extensions as well..

Just right click in the cache folder & select Arrange Icons>By Type, now u will have a categorized view. ;)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
hariharan said:
Well, I use mozilla ff and the problem is there are over 1000 entries and when i list the cache entries searching the specific files ( in my case media files ) becomes a problem because i wont be knowing the extensions as well.
That's when Ctrl+F come to use.

Or.. lemme give u another easy method.
Go to the page where u suppose the file u need to download/save is.. supposing a song. On the FF menu bar, click on Menu->Tools->Page Info.
In the window opened, click on Media.
Search there for ur item.. supposing a song, search for .mp3 or .ogg or .wav files. Select it & click on Save as.

And ya... check out my siggy below...

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
koolbluez said:
That's when Ctrl+F come to use.

Or.. lemme give u another easy method.
Go to the page where u suppose the file u need to download/save is.. supposing a song. On the FF menu bar, click on Menu->Tools->Page Info.
In the window opened, click on Media.
Search there for ur item.. supposing a song, search for .mp3 or .ogg or .wav files. Select it & click on Save as.

And ya... check out my siggy below...

but the problem is when i go to an you tube website the videos files are not listed there..

Last edited:
OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
koolbluez said:
Then rep me maan... I'm waitin ;)

Well mate.. my prob is not yet solved..!! the simple solution just works with images and icon but not with youtube videos.. what do i do for tht?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I always tell others to search first, b4 posting. The same goes to u...

Ever heard of Video Downloader, FireFox addon? Or @least Ook? Video Ook! addon?

If u r a FireFox pro (which u don't seem to be) and if u heard of Greasemonkey script (which is again a rare likelihood), here's a lifehack page on how to do the same with the script.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom