Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
I am planning to go in for broadband . There are two parts to my question please read both.
Ofcourse, I did search the forums but I did not find the relevant answers.If however you do find

something please link me to that.

PART I

I would like to know your comments, opinions, complaints against any of the following

companies and their packages.

They are,

1. Mtnl Triband

2. Hathway

3. Tata Indicom Broadband

These are the 3 companies from which I can get myself connected.

PART II

These are with regards to Hathway

I spoke to Hathway and they have showed me two plans which are suitable for my requirement.

:) 255 Kbps speed 1Gb download limit Rs. 500 Validity 1 month
:) 64 Kbps speed UNLIMITED Rs. 500 Validity 1 month

What is the good part of these 2 plans apart from the speed and download limit. Does the speed

difference really matter understanding that one has Limited downlod limit and the other has

Unlimited download limit so each compensates for the other.
They provide the connection through a cable modem.

Is Hathway really good . If you have used it please tell me . Is their service , uptime good .

ALSO ,

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

Can I open network neighbourhood and see the other persons computer connected and access

all his files and data.
He said that this connection will be done thorugh a modem and he assures me that my data

will not be seen by the other person through his computer.

WILL MY DATA BE SECURE.

What is a static IP address . I know that it means that this IP is connected to my computer and

this is my computer nos. when it connects to the internet so in that case can I do ,

start -> run and type //127.0.0.0/c$ Assuming that 127.0.0.0 is my static IP address . In a

LAN if I do this I can see the persons C drive .

Thanks for your time and patience .

Deep

Version 2.0
my past ex. with Hathway is real bad so I would not recommend you about hathway at all..

I have posted about it here: *www.whoisdeep.com/2005/05/17/hathway-customer-support/

I would recommend Exattnet, its pretty good, I have been using it for more than a year now..

EDIT: about your other question about c$ thingy, it depends upon your settings on your PC, if you have admin password then no one should be able to access default shares without entering admin password and there is an option to diable it also (through registry)..

Deep

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Deep ,

What happened why do you say its bad . I did read about the customer service but was their connection also bad.

Why would you recommend Exatt

Thanks anyway for your advice.

Deep

Version 2.0
godsownman said:
Deep ,

What happened why do you say its bad . I did read about the customer service but was their connection also bad.

Why would you recommend Exatt

Thanks anyway for your advice.

Hi,what I tried to reflect the in the review is, though their connection is good i.e. they give what they charge for but when there is any problem there is no one to respond, people in their helpline are just useless, it takes days (read it more than 15 days) to change the plan...I have also heard that in some areas P2P softwares like kazaa and all doesnt work properly on hathway...

I would suggest checking out reviews of other users also here: *www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/Hathway_Cable-925000334.html

About exattnet, I recommended Exattnet because I am using it for more than a year now and till now I have not faced any major problems with it, there is not much of down time and more than that, the speeds are very good and their rates are also very decent...I am paying Rs.990 per month for 256kbps unlimited connection...no hidden daily limits, no problems at all..everything works just fine...

I hope this helps you.
Deep

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks Deep it has really helped me .

Can you please give me the telephone number.

I got this number of their's from the site www.exatt.com but it just keeps on ringing and I am constantly transfered.

Do we need to purchase a modem or is it based on the LAN card system. Also is it safe and secure for my data on the computer.

Thanks once again for your help and assistance.

Regards

Deep

Version 2.0
Hi,

Sorry, I do not have their numbers with me...

To be frank I have contacted them directly couple of times only and that too when my local provider was not able to fix the problem....

About your other questions here are the answers..

Their connection is based on LAN, security depends upon you and your local service provider..

If local service provider has disabled local ports then you dont have to worry much but if he hasnt then you might need to keep your machine always updated and with firewall coz on lan many kids just keep on scanning pcs using network scanners...

Regards
Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom