Internet via mobile.. Too slow internet and mozilla prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Internet via mobile.. Too slow internet and mozilla prob

I have Airtel gprs and have been using Xp where the speed of internet is around 15 KBps but in Ubuntu 8.04 its so slow like 132 bps
i have even put dns and other settings like wvdial and conf. The dns btw is not open dns its airtel dns
mozilla prob
first it doesnt connect in online mode
second it tries to download the pages and saves in the desktop
i can only open some mozilla sites and can only use the google search in the browser
another thing is i cant configure the network hardware ie modem, etc.

A

anarchist

I am using bsnl gprs since 2years on ubuntu, getting consistant 50kbps. Though i never used wvdial,

sganesh

Journeyman
ya,i also use wvdial in Opensuse10.3,Same problem here also,
i feel browsing is slow in linux than Xp?
any reason?

sganesh

Journeyman
I am using bsnl gprs since 2years on ubuntu, getting consistant 50kbps. Though i never used wvdial,
Wow,i cant believe ur statement,how its possible to get download speed to be 50kbps using bsnl gprs??impossible!!!!did anyone believe this...
Did ur mobile and network both support 3G??

A

anarchist

actually i get 5-6 KB/s :)
*img141.imageshack.us/img141/1351/screenshotzw8.png
*img141.imageshack.us/img141/1351/screenshotzw8.3bf7208acd.jpg

using bsnl gprs via bluetooth on Nokia 6233

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Wow,i cant believe ur statement,how its possible to get download speed to be 50kbps using bsnl gprs??impossible!!!!did anyone believe this...

Speed upto 70kbps(practically I have got it, theoretically its bit more) is available on GPRS

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Hope, u know difference between kbps n kBps :|

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^Very costly if they charge. In delhi, its 75 Rs. per month for 50MB free and 2Rs/MB thereafter. But I was never charged more than Rs.75 even if I used 120-125MB. Only problem that you will get will be with handset as is with all providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom