internet sharing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterasmit

Broken In
someone plz help me!!!!

i have a pc and a laptop and a internet connection (DSL modem) connected to my pc.
i want to share this net connection with my laptop.i had done it before bu t now unable to do same.

someone plz tell wat settings to be changed.

my pc has 2 NIC (network card), one is connected to internet (DHCP) and other is connected to my laptop in LAN (static ip).
plz help me out in details :roll:

d

Journeyman
wat os r u using? if its xp, then u cld use set up home or small office network wizard...its as easy as that! if ur using xp n a earlier OS, u shldnt hv any problem....only u hv to set the subnet mask and IP addresses manually.....!!as long as u let the XP machine be the boss..

OP
M

masterasmit

Broken In
d said:
wat os r u using? if its xp, then u cld use set up home or small office network wizard...its as easy as that! if ur using xp n a earlier OS, u shldnt hv any problem....only u hv to set the subnet mask and IP addresses manually.....!!as long as u let the XP machine be the boss..

my pc s loaded with windows xp pro(with sp2) and laptop is loaded with windows xp media centre (with sp2).

i have created a network with my pc and laptop under certain workgroup.
i want to share my internet connection which is conneted to my pc.
for internet i have set get IP autometically and for my personal network i manually set them.
192.168.100.1(pc)
192.168.100.2(laptop)
i have enabled the"share tis internet connection among other computer in network"

still fail to acess internet from laptop.file sharing between laptop and pc is ok. only problem is with the internet :roll:

theraven

Technomancer
check my tut in the tutorials section :p

ill even give u the key words
"sharing net connection on lan"
put author name as theraven
and ull find my tut !

FYI the search button is on your top right of the page right between FAQ and memberlist

im locking this thread now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom