INTERNET problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Sathish

Right off the assembly line
Dear Sirs,
I am running a machine with windows xp prof. intel 2.4 ghz, 256 ddr ram with an internal modem.Whenever I try to dial up to the net,I myself hear the phone dialling tone but a box pops up saying "There is no dial tone".(I had this problem since I purchased my pc 2 years back.But the problem was not severe.)Now whenever I log into the net,After typing any browser's address,at the last second when the site was about finish to load the connection gets terminated.
Sometimes the connection gets terminated once in 2 or 3 mins very often.Sometimes the entire screen goes blank and reappears after 2 secs.

""TO MY HORROR YESTERDAY,WHEN I LOGGED INTO THE NET AFTER % MINS SCREEN WENT BLINK AND A COMMAND AUTOMATICALLY APPEARED IN DOS PROMPT.It is "D:\>del msinfu.hlp"""
I dont know waht to do.PLz Help.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@D_Sathish

make sure the Phone line which comes to ur Modem is noise free... some time wires are in so bad condition this problems pops up...

and yes... get uptodate Software... Get the SP2... get a good AVS also a good AntiSpyware...

one suggestion... presently broadband is cheaper than Dial up... so if possible then try to upgreade...

PrinceHeart

In the zone
One more thing:
Go to your modem properties: And check if its tick TONE/PULSE dialing.
Tick accordingly and untick the box where it says - "disconnected when idle for BLABLA sec/min.

cheerz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom