Not open for further replies.

fanatic

Broken In
I have windows XP . internet explorer 6

Whenever i try to access some webpage

suppose www.google.com

The browser shows me Internet Optmizer page

I have removed internet optimizer from add remove programs

still the browser sometimes shows me internet optimizer page.

Can anyone tell me , as to how i can get rid of this error, my internet speed is gone really slow insted of getting OPTIMIZED lol

anyways thanks in advance

sailendra

Journeyman
This page has an answer:
*www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/internetoptimizer/index.phtml

Internet Optimizer

Overview
Internet Optimizer hijacks your browser error page.

Classification
Adware

Files
iopti130.dll, nem207.dll, nem212.dll, nem214.dll, wsem210.dll, wsem216.dll, optimize.exe, actalert.exe

Vendor
Avenue Media

Privacy policy
No privacy policy available

Detection
Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner detects Internet Optimizer. Bazooka is freeware and detects spyware, adware, foistware, trojan horses, viruses, worms and other potentially unwanted applications. Read more »

Uninstall procedure
Uninstall Internet Optimizer from "Add/Remove Programs" in the Windows® Control Panel. Look for entries called 'Active Alert' and 'Internet Optimizer'. If you run into problems uninstalling, please contact the vendor for support.

Manual removal
Please follow the instructions below if you would like to remove Internet Optimizer manually. Please notice that you must follow the instructions very carefully and delete everything that is mentioned. In most cases the removal will fail if one single item is not deleted. If Internet Optimizer remains on your system after stepping through the removal instructions, please double-check by stepping through them again.

1. Start the registry editor. This is done by clicking Start then Run. (The Run dialog will appear.) Type regedit and click OK. (The registry editor will open.)
2. Browse to the key:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run'
3. In the right pane, delete the value called 'Internet Optimizer', if it exists.
4. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \ {F7F808F0-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8}', if it exists.
5. Delete 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Browser Helper Objects \ {F7F808F0-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8}', if it exists.
6. Exit the registry editor.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Delete the following files and directories:
C:\Program Files\Internet Optimizer\
%WinDir%\iopti130.dll
%WinDir%\nem207.dll
%WinDir%\nem212.dll
%WinDir%\nem214.dll
%WinDir%\wsem210.dll
%WinDir%\wsem216.dll
Note: %WinDir% is a variable (?). By default, this is C:\Windows (Windows 95/98/Me/XP) or C:\WINNT (Windows NT/2000).
9. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
10. In Internet Explorer, click Tools -> Internet Options.
11. Click the Programs tab -> Reset Web Settings.

Problems uninstalling? Click here.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom