Internet Not working.. Need Help Urgently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhasingale

Journeyman
My friend came to me with 2-3 LAN cards to test.
I have two PCI slots on my machine, I m using both of them i.e one for lan card and other for my TV Tuner. Then to test the LAN cards i removed my LAN card without uninstalling from windows and inserted the other Lan card to test it. Other lan card was detected by XP and it asked me for drivers and i provided the driver CD and the other lan card got installed and was working fine. Similarly i tested others and then i inserted my own lan card back and restared my PC but then i was unable to access the internet and wen i ping some site from Run i get reply for n e site, it proves that the internet connection is fine and there is some problem with my windows settings. I need to kno how to reset my internet configuration settings. Help me out with the solution as soon as possible huys.

ishaan

Padawan
if u dun wanna use system restore

control panel > network connections and rite clik on local area connection.go to properties and choose internet protocol (tcp/ip)...then click on properties

u can change ur settings here

digen

Youngling
Yes mate very well.But what if there were additional TCP/IP settings needed by your ISP to be manually configured for accessing the internet?
On top of my head the first thing that comes to mind is DNS servers addresses.

Which ISP have you got there?If you have the DNS server addresses the enter it into the TCP/IP protocol for your network adapter.

OP
S

suhasingale

Journeyman
digen said:
Yes mate very well.But what if there were additional TCP/IP settings needed by your ISP to be manually configured for accessing the internet?
On top of my head the first thing that comes to mind is DNS servers addresses.

Which ISP have you got there?If you have the DNS server addresses the enter it into the TCP/IP protocol for your network adapter.

i have checked my DNS and they are correct. all setting r correct i.e ip add, subnet, gateway and dns etc..

digen

Youngling
Can you get replies by pinging any site?If you havent checked then try pinging different web sites & confirm whether you get successful replies.

If thats the case then it appears to me as a name resolution problem.
Try flushing DNS entries with the below command at prompt.

start>run>cmd>ipconfig/flushdns

Also what does the below command run at prompt yield?

start>run>cmd>nslookup

OP
S

suhasingale

Journeyman
I hav not enabled system restore yaar. and my settings are absolutely fine the cable net guy has verified it and he was also not able to solve the problem.

gycapri

Broken In
im also having some problem like this.
tomorrow when i was doing net it suddenly stopped working & isnt working upto now. when i connect broadband my pc shows its connected & sometimes datapackets r send & recieved 4 sometime ,abruptly 4 1-2 days i was getting message that new hardware found .broadband connection have gone 1 week only after installation & so i dont know much abt it so wat i should do now can any1 help me ?????

sakumar79

Technomancer
This might be caused by a corrupt WinSock, run this Winsockfix tool.

*www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

I read in one site that the above failed in one case and an older version (for Win98) worked. The link to the older version is

*www.bu.edu/pcsc/internetaccess/winsock2fix.html

Notes on second link:
This program should be used on Windows 98, 98SE, or Windows Me computers whose Winsock2 information has been corrupted by poorly written Internet programs.

This program is designed to fix a situation where all of the following are true:
the computer can get a valid IP address
the computer can ping DNS numbers
the computer can be pinged from other computers
all other network services do not work (Telnet, ftp and Web browsers)

This program removes the Winsock2 key from the Registry and uninstalls then reinstalls Dial-up Networking. A backup of the registry is made before any changes are attempted (the registry is backed up to user.tom system.tom).

If all else fails, try using different browser, and other net services such as ftp, irc, etc... Finding out what all are failing may help pinpoint the problem.

Hope this helps,
Arun

OP
S

suhasingale

Journeyman
I have done everything given above but it was of no use. Still my net is not working but i get the ping reply. IE don't work

mediator

Technomancer
I encountered this problem when My pc was struck by .net worm , virus or malware maybe I donno! But it got a file in windows directory which had a blue icon. Clickin it uninstalled the malicious filez and restored my internet!
But i dont think in ur case its a worm.

What u can do is
1. Since ur PC has 3 different ethernet card config now. u may choose the one that corresponds to urs!
Its just like u install modem config. for mtnl,vsnl or satyam on ur pc and dial the no. for correspong ISP !!

2. Other soln that just might work is remove all the ethernet drivers and do a "clean install" for ur card !! I hope u know how to do a clean install otherwise google it!

3. Scan for worms and viruses as a last resort !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom