internet not connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I am using Windows XP Home SP2 Edition. I have sancharnet internet connection . When I click receive/send in the Outlook Express or Internet Explorer, it states as follows.

The host 'smra.sancharnet.in' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'smma.sancharnet.in', Server: 'smra.sancharnet.in', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The host 'smma.sancharnet.in' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'smma.sancharnet.in', Server: 'smma.sancharnet.in', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Please inform me how to correct it.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
have u configured your outlook express for the sanchar mail account? i tried googlin for the settings.. i have used it long back and dont rem it now.. so if u get ur pop3 settings it shld work..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hi, I was able to find this bit of information off of sancharnet's website

You are not connected to Internet (Sancharnet) or Incoming Mail Server is not responding. The error you would get is:

The host 'nmma.sancharnet.in' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'nmma.sancharnet.in', Server: 'nmma.sancharnet.in', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

Steps to do:

(i) In case you are connected to internet and are able to browse, but get the error as indicated above, immediately call up the local internet node incharge and explain the problem to him over web-helpdesk or over phone.

(ii)In case you are not connected to internet and are not able to browse, and get the error as indicated above, try connecting to internet again.

Also please check this out

Configuring Outlook Express for Sancharnet:
Open Outlook Express --> Click on Tools --> Click on Accounts --> Click on Mail --> Click on Add -- Click on Mail --> Fill - Display Name: e.g. A K Sharma --> Click on Next --> Fill - E-mail address: e.g. aksharma@sancharnet.in --> Click on Next --> Select My Incoming Mail Server is a POP3 Server -> Fill - Incoming Mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) Server: e.g. wmma.sancharnet.in Incoming Mail Server --> Fill Outgoing mail (SMTP) Server: e.g. smra.sancharnet.in Outgoing Mail Server Name --> Click on Next --> Fill - Account name: e.g. aksharma --> Un-tick Remember password --> Click on Next --> Click on Finish --> Select the Account --> Click on Properties --> Click on Servers --> Tick My Server requires authentication --> Click on Settings --> Ensure that Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected --> Click on OK --> Click on Apply --> Click on OK --> Click on Close

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom