Internet Mail Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I am using Outlook Express 6.The problem that I am facing with is that I receive at least 40 or 10 or 5Nos. of Internet Mail Delivery for a single one, that is, I should actually receive only one Internet Mail Delivery instead. How to correct it?

ishaan

Padawan
can u explain ur entire structure..like is it a direct LAN or thru a hub, and do mails go directly or thru a server and do u use ne 3rd party software for managin internal mail?

is ur pc d admin or not?

ishaan

Padawan
wat abt d other stuff i asked? r u d admin? direct or hub? can u explain exactly like how the mail gets 2 u...for eg Computer A to HUB to SERVER to ur pc or whatever

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
I am not well versed in Computer applications. I am just a beginner. So, I am unable to understand exactly what you require from your statements. Please help me.

ishaan

Padawan
ok. just temme these details then:

1. How many computers are there in your lan? Are they all connected to one computer? Or are they all connected to a box kind of thing which looks like a modem?

2. When you send an internal mail to somebody else, what is the email address u type?

3. If this is in a office, or a school/library or someplace like that, is there a main person incharge of all the computers and the network (administrator) ? If yes, have you tried contacting him about the problem?

sakumar79

Technomancer
If I understand correctly, when someone sends you a mail, Outlook is downloading the same message many times. Is this the problem?

If yes, then go to the Mail Account Setting and ensure that in Advanced Tab, "Leave a copy of message on server" is unchecked... I dont know if that can cause the problem, but it is a likely source.

Arun

ishaan

Padawan
oh dude....im really really really sorry...i thot u had ritten INTERNAL mail not INTERNET mail

i think this should solve ur prob - *support.microsoft.com/?kbid=245620

so sakumar79 is rite

once again, really sorry man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom