Internet Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile

In the zone
I want to know how people connect their wireless internet? I heard about Data Cards....What is this Data Cards?How to configure it and how can i identify in the laptop where to insert it? Iam not an expert about laptops :(....So Please help ?

Bandu

Journeyman
It would help if you told us about your laptop (make and model). Might be that it has Wi-Fi already in it and you don't need the card.

Bandu

Journeyman
I can't find that model on lenovo india website anymore. The nearest is G410. But, the site does state that all G Series are equipped with Wireless solutions. View this page: *www-604.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...1686018425096210&seriesid=4611686018425154304 and scroll down to the G Series features section.

Consult the user manual about wireless and how to switch it on. Most probably, there is some push button on the laptop something like this: *i34.tinypic.com/2wqa58k.jpg to switch on wireless.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@Original Poster

Data cards use the CDMA network for all data uploads/downloads.
Data card maybe of three types;
1. USB Plug-in : Goes into the USB port.
2. PCMCIA Card : Goes into the PCMCIA Slot on your Lappy. View the manual to know if you have one and where it is located.
3. Expresscard type : Like PCMCIA card but different slot.

The easiest and most versatile will be USB one, as you can use it in any laptop, desktop, as all have USB in them.

@Bandu
What you are talking about is Wireless LAN, The poster mentions about Data cards and wireless Internet. Lan and Internet are actually very different things. :)

Bandu

Journeyman
Geeeeeeeeeeez... Ignore all my posts above. I should've read his questions properly.

*Logs Off*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom