Internet getting automatically disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnivore

in your face..
The title pretty much says it all.

This is happening after a fresh install of OS (XP, SP2 - Genuine). (I have installed and reinstalled it thrice in three days, without any effect) The net is getting disconnected quite erratically. Sometimes, immediately after logging in, sometimes after some minutes, and is happening whether or not the network is idle.

The curious thing is that, the Network folder still shows that i am connected, but i cannot get the Status window to appear any more.

One more thing. When this disconnection happens, the whole window appears to be undergoing a theme change, and then it comes back to normal. I am not using any custom theme, any customizing software. (Its a fresh install, for crying out loud).

The only way that i can get my internet to work again, is by rebooting. But then, the internet gets disconnected and the whole drill starts all over again.

In fact i got disconnected while writing this.

Please help.

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes i am using BSNL DataOne Broadband

Modem is WA3002-g1.

Last edited:

balu4386

Right off the assembly line
update my system ? what do u mean exactly i am using my pc since 4 yr and and never got any trouble like this. thanxs for replying .

plz guys provide me any solution plzzzzzzz

expertno.1

Technomancer
I know this problem , yep you would be getting some dialog box (or may be not) your net would get disconnected and the theme would come to windows classic , isn't i have seen many faced the same problem , the soulution is to upgrade windows to SP3 and voila you are done ! .

this is not any virus but a kernel bug , you have to block some ports using backdoor if you dont wanna update , but this method worked only for some guys . Its better if u get SP3 .

snehangshu

Broken In
well i also faced the same problem using bsnl wll connection.

net gets stuck, only option is to restart the windows. after restarting some data execution prevention error comes. right?

u can disable this data execution prevention by *blogs.technet.com/askperf/archive/2008/06/17/to-dep-or-not-to-dep.aspx

but i didn't felt it ould be safe. better i tried with tune up utilities 2009 and right now i m not facing this problem. maybe it will also help u.

if u r still getting tell me.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I too get the problem in my 112.5 Kbps WLL Internet connection. Once I asked the operator. He told that it may be due to some signal flucatuation or temporary outage. BTW I am not facing from quite a days now.

expertno.1

Technomancer
^^ is a bug of windows when dns is reconfigured by the ISP , windows becomes unable to rectify it and gets disconnected .

this bug is solved in win xp service pack 3.

so go get it .

i dont exist

^^^^^^^^^
Really what was he saying. He thinks a 4 year old system a new one.:lol::lol:

BTW I think his system hasn't given a problem from 4 yrs and he doesn't want to upgrade it or in words keep it.

i said update not upgrade i think there is difference between the both words!!!

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I was trying to tell that he doesn't want to update as it is working better for him. BTW a 4 year old PC should be upgraded.

Last edited:

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
It was happening to me when I had SP2...I used "reconnect: software and it worked pretty descent for me...after that I changed my connection to Bridged mode and till now it has worked fine for me..

balu4386

thanks for replying guys and sorry i miss understood wat u people are tyring to say.
i am updating now to sp3 and i will report u guys again.

thanks again

balu4386

thanks for replying guys and sorry i miss understood wat u people are tyring to say.

thanks again
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------

thanks again

Last edited:

balu4386

guys thanks for help i updated to sp3 now i am not facing tat problem but now i had another problem while browsing internet is again getting disconnected but Network folder still shows that i am connected but the browser shows Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage i need to disconnect and reconnect again . It is happening for every 3 to 4 minutes sometimes immediately after connecting again and my connection became very slow it takes ages to load a page . any solutions plzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom