[ Internet Explorer ] Users / Fans -> Click here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[deXter]

Journeyman
So, you are an IE fan eh? I bet that one of the reasons why you didn't already shift to Firefox (or Opera) is that you are too used to IE- The looks, feel, the way it works, etc. OR, you did shift, but you still miss good ol' IE?

Lets have a look at your oh-so-beloved IE:

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/FFie.png

Normal, isnt it? Only- you aren't looking at IE, thats Firefox !!

FirefoxIE to be exact.

Presenting [deXter]s FirefoxIE !

* Looks and feels exactly like IE
* Renders pages like IE does (only, much faster)
* In-Line errors like IE (as opposed to annoying messageboxes in Firefox)
* Comes with your favourite Google Bar
* Integrated GMail notifier
* Can download files in most download managers
* (New!) Floating image toolbar like IE
* (New!) Image zoom function
* Simple One click install!
* A great way to increase Firefox converts ;)

Download:

Version: 1.0.0
File size: 5.8 MB

*www.firefoxie.net/logotrans.gif

---------------------------------------------

Note: About FirefoxIE

This wasn't my idea- FirefoxIE is an active project that tells users how to make it look and feel more like Internet Explorer. Unfortunately there are way too many steps involved for the newbie- plus its too much of a hassle, and some methods described on the site may not work. Which is why, due to popular demand I made this simple one click installer, that does everything and more for you :)

Note 2: About Java and Macromedia Flash:

I haven't included the Java and Flash plugins due to their large sizes; so if you want Java/Flash support, I suggest that you (re)install your plugins. If you dont have the Java / Flash installers, you may download them from here and here respectively. Remember to close your browser before the installation begins.

Note 3: Existing Firefox users...

Please note that installing using this installer will overwrite your existing installation (including your profile). So if you want to just test out FirefoxIE, then backup your existing profile/installation before proceeding. Also note that FirefoxIE and Firefox cannot coexist- this is because both share the same profile/registry locations.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Hahahaha ie users u cant hide away from Dexi !
U didnt mention other extensions like foxytunes....allows u to play music from within the brower ...very light also .
As customisable as it can get !
No wonder how frustating it is to use IE n c ppl using it now.

vysakh

Padawan
opera 7.6 downloading using dap
8 % completed

sorry i use dial-up connection and so speed is more important to me

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
The quotes that dexter included in his post from microsoft are
unbelievable.
Microsoft reccomending firefox to its users?
MIcrosoft reccomending a substitute for IE..
Seems Microsoft has matured with time..
Not very long ago i remember going to microsofts site using
Netscape and i was forced to download IE for access.
They said something like'The browser u r using is incompatible with
this website' and similar crap.

OP
D

[deXter]

Journeyman
*my.opera.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=30732&dateline=1085129926pera users needn't be left out- Making Opera look like IE is pretty straight-forward:

If you are using Opera right now, then just click here, here, here and here! There you go- your Opera now looks just like IE! And whats more, even your favourite IE Keyboard Shortcuts work again :)

----------

@amitsaudy, Microsoft wasnt' actually recommending a substitute to IE. The first statement was said when recently very serious flaws were revealed in IE. Even firefox had that issue but they fixed it in an older version of FF itself (even before it was made an issue) - while MS still didnt release the patch yet. Public uncertainity about IE increased. Then some MS official had been quoted ('unofficially'). In fact it was later revealed that many people working for MS were actually using Ff instead of IE.
The second statement was quoted officially by MS when Ff 1.0 was released. Actually MS knew that they were at fault so they didnt want to look like fools and say a harsh statement like 'ie is good, etc etc'. Instead they wanted to show the crowd that they are not bothered about Ff. MS's most recent statement was that Ff is no threat to IE at all!! Well now we aren't going to sit around and let MS's prediction come true now wont we? ;)

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

Deep

Version 2.0
I have alomost stopped using IE haha...

now my default browser is FireFox and then comes Opera... :D

btw great info there...i think after reading thing many poeple will switch to FireFox

Deep

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
woah dat was cool dexy a clone of FF and IE :p lol
nice catchy topic heading too :D
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

OP
D

[deXter]

Journeyman
yep. I created it. Why do you think I called it [deXter]s FirefoxIE ?? ;)

But like I mentioned in my post, FirefoxIE was originally a project to help people change their Ff's looks. I took it one step further by giving people what they wanted- a one step solution instead of messy editing and stuff :)

------------------

@Indyan, check this post on how to convert Opera into OperaIE :)

------------------

@vysakh and others:
If you want to change Opera back to its original looks, just do what the Opera site says:

How do I switch setups?
1) Goto Tools > Preferences [Alt+P]
2) Select either 'Toolbars and menus' or 'Mouse and keyboard' to change setups.

How do I switch skins?
2) Select 'Skin' to change.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

vysakh

Padawan
[deXter said:
]
@vysakh and others:
If you want to change Opera back to its original looks, just do what the Opera site says:

How do I switch setups?
2) Select either 'Toolbars and menus' or 'Mouse and keyboard' to change setups.

How do I switch skins?
2) Select 'Skin' to change.

thanks man
phew
i really got stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom