Internet Explorer loses more ground to FireFox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
While Microsoft's IE browser has lost further market share this year. FireFox has
steadily picked up momentum. IE has continued to lose market share this year,
to 75.88 percent share in July 2006 from 77.01 percent in January 2006 & 84.05
percent in July 2005 says Janco CEO Victor Janulaitis.
In contrast FireFox's market share rose to 13.71 percent in July 2006, compared
to 12.42 percent in January 2006.
But two factors have helped slow its acceptance, the continued disclosure of
security issues within FireFox, & it's incompatibilities with IE, the paper added.

"Some websites looked & acted differently", the users said that as the primary
reason for shifting to IE again!!

Read more about it here

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Hehe I like the icon for this thread ;)

It looks great seeing the figures, considering I started when it was 1.2% and now its grown so much. I just cant wait for the ultimate version 2.0, its just so friggin awesome! I certainly dont wish to hope, cause Firefox will continue to pawn no matter WHAT!

Sykora

I see right through you.
Low. Very Low, around 1-1.8%. However, because of Opera's UA string manipulation, no browser statistics are all that accurate.

OP
JGuru

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Pathiks, marketshare of Opera is around 2 or 3 percent!! Ofcourse Opera has it's
own devoted followers. But the main problem with Opera is page rendering.
Sure Opera 9.1 looks cool with great features.But still they need to fix some irritating
bugs.

Dhaval

Broken In
Well firefox is really good and i use it daily, but have you tried the new IE 7 it is really fast and with things like tabbed browsing and all, it is serious competition for firefox. the latest firefox 1.5.x is not much an improvement over the previous version. Mozilla has to seriously think of more improvement

OP
JGuru

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
What about more exploits & vulnerabilities of IE?? A hacker can easily cause a buffer
overflow error in IE & get into your System!!
Stability & vulnerability-free features are more important than speed!!
Do you know that you can tweak FireFox to load faster,than it's default speed?

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
That's true, but for the enormous majority of internet users, it's what is striaght out of the box that matters.

Dhaval

Broken In
Yes i agree that FireFox maybe more secure but IE being more ingrained in the OS itself, these issues would or are already sorted out in the new version. And can any one tell me whether they were attcaked by a hacker atleast once. I have never faced such a problem. And if you do have something to protect then you would opt more a safer OS in the first place.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Cheers for *nix + Firefox too :D

IE 7 may be definitely faster and all that from what I've heard (Dont use windows, didnt try) but absolutely NOTHING will shoo me away from Open Source.

Sykora

I see right through you.
QwertyManiac said:
I'm a bit more lenient. I want to use good programs, and if they're reasonably priced, I'll consider them.

Another thing I like about IE7 is its handling of RSS feeds. Right now, I'm using a command line text-based feed aggregator, but I get hungry for the pictures every once in a while ;)

OP
JGuru

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Qwerty, the market share for Safari is less than 1%!! Don't be shocked , but that's
the reality. Mac O.S has it's own followers!! But they are very less in percentage
compared to Windows users.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
JGuru said:
@Qwerty, the market share for Safari is less than 1%!! Don't be shocked , but that's
the reality. Mac O.S has it's own followers!! But they are very less in percentage
compared to Windows users.
Great to see it atleast exists near 1% ;)

Netscape the browser should be completely dead by now I assume ? :(

Sykora

I see right through you.
Practically dead, yes. There are still some die hard fans who use Netscape, but not substantial in numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom