Internet Explorer 8 beta cannot properly display Microsoft’s site

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
I’ve recently downloaded a new version of popular internet browser, Internet Explorer 8 beta. In a few days I’m going to test its performance against Firefox, Opera and Safari the same way I did before.

Meanwhile, I’m going to test drive IE 8.0 to see how it feels and if it could be a real competitor for Firefox or not.
So far I found kind of surprising thing: Internet Explorer 8 cannot properly display even their own (Microsoft) sites. Take a look are the screen shots below. It also has issues with www.digg.com and some others.

Damn you, web standards! Why there are no standards which are looking good in any version of IE? Now you have confused Microsoft team to the point, so they cannot focus even on testing their own web sites!

Shame on you, web standards!
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/2444/ie8issuesiz9.png

right side of the page:
*img207.imageshack.us/img207/5884/ie8jv7.png

Ctrl+C

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
If you have something to post about IE8 BETA then post in the IE 8 Beta : The First Experience thread @ *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81956 :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Oh, now i wonder what happened to "IE (maximum compatibility with standard & non-standard complient websites" as posted by gx_saurav.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes such problems can happen with Beta Versions...thats y they are called "Beta" let us see if it happens in final version also

Voldy

The Dark lord
:lol: i wonder wht gx_saurav would said on that but its beta and beta always have contains some bugs no matter to which browser it belongs (IE,Opera,FF,Safari ). but i will wait for its final release

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Of course, It's beta. And a better way is to report the issues to Microsoft and let MS take care of it. I think someone might have reported this issue.

A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom