Internet Downloads Help needed on BSNL 500 Combo Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
I have one question :mad:, does using YouTube ;) and Streaming Radio Stations like Shoutcast:p make for downloads, I think they do as the data is copied temporarily to Internet Cache Folder and played from there, am I right :confused::confused::confused:

goobimama

 Macboy
The 500 plan allows for 2.5GB data transfer. It means anything and everything to do with the internet is charged for. Even you surfing pictures on Facebook is metered into that 2.5GB. So yes, Youtube and Shoutcast are definitely going to up that bandwidth...

(Note: Data transfer also means upload, so if you are seeding some torrents in the day, then that is charged as well)

OP
Krazy Bluez

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Thanks Buddy, but the Combo plan (Me Currently Using) gives only 1.5 GB download Limit, I didn't knew that web surfing also charges into it, now i should keep my surfing down....

adi007

Youngling
Thanks Buddy, but the Combo plan (Me Currently Using) gives only 1.5 GB download Limit, I didn't knew that web surfing also charges into it, now i should keep my surfing down....

i recommend u to switch for home 500 plan coz 1.5 GB is too little
believe me i used all kinds of blockers(ad,flash,image,popup...) all kinds of monitoring apps but in vain...
I was unable to manage in 1.5 GB :(
if u are a regular surfer online for about 5 hrs daily then this plan is a big no no

OP
Krazy Bluez

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
i recommend u to switch for home 500 plan coz 1.5 GB is too little
believe me i used all kinds of blockers(ad,flash,image,popup...) all kinds of monitoring apps but in vain...
I was unable to manage in 1.5 GB :(
if u are a regular surfer online for about 5 hrs daily then this plan is a big no no

Ya but the Combo plan gives 175 Free calls from my landline and the the monthly rental of Rs 350 is also cut down to free, in that sense it's "Okay" but as a power user like me, it's VERY LITTLE for Surfing only, hence i use to surf only in the night i.e from 2 to 8 am.

P.S - Can anyone tell me what would be my broadband bill, it says chargable transfer as 2.512 GB, and the limit was 1.5 GB !!!

adi007

Youngling
Ya but the Combo plan gives 175 Free calls from my landline and the the monthly rental of Rs 350 is also cut down to free, in that sense it's "Okay" but as a power user like me, it's VERY LITTLE for Surfing only, hence i use to surf only in the night i.e from 2 to 8 am.

P.S - Can anyone tell me what would be my broadband bill, it says chargable transfer as 2.512 GB, and the limit was 1.5 GB !!!

I know all that...

my dad tried to convince me but i already knew my limits so i was sure that 1.5 Gb is not enough for me

to get the exact bill use this free software my friend it will give the exact bill
*sunish.net/software/dquf

My rough estimate is that u will get 800(coz 80 paise for each 1 MB increase which means 0.80*1000=800)+500(rent)=1300 add 80 rs tax :eek:

BSNL schemes are tempting but if one observe closely, all plans except 500 is BS...
even i hate that so called 750 UL plan which will give pathetic speed of 20 kbps :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom