Thanks in advancs. And I hope someone could solve my problem. I have three OSs in my system. Win2000 Server, WinXP, and Win98. None of them are patched by the service packs. My Dial Up Internet Connection worked fine and gave me high possible speed. The prblems started a while ago. Suddenly My connection speed has slowed down. Since then I cant get back the original connection speed. The slow down is consistent. Even google struggles so much to get displayed. More times I am getting the message Page cannot be displyed. After connecting to Internet, the traffic rate is active for a while and then becomes idle ( zero transfer rate) after some minutes it becomes active. ..then idle....always like this. Now I am using Mcafee Personal Firewall Plus. The Logs are showing so many attempts to connect on port 445 and 135 from several IPs within a minute.But I already patched windows XP aganist DCOM vulnerability in Port 135. But still the connection is slow and oscillating. When I disable the firewall in win200server, I feel that the connection speed becomes normal. I also have another problem. Recently I changed my modem .I installed correct driver for this modem.When i try to connect to Internet, It shows an error message displying "No dial tone detected". This problem is solved after unchecking the check box "wait for dial tone" in "modem properties window". It works in Win2000Server and Win XP. But this problem still persists even after uncheking the checkbox in win98.