Internet choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Hello,
I am using dialup right now . I would like to go for broadband . Which wud u recommend . I do loads of ( plan to do ) downloads . I think i wud prefer an unlimited one. I was looking at the UL900 plan . why is it that speed is still 256 on this one ? And do you have to pay phone charges when u're connected to net on this one ? ( does connecting to net in ul900 mean that i'm talking in phone and i pay for how long im connected ? )

Thanks.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Nope, Phone and Internet are seperate. This is the major benefit of Broadband. You wont be paying anything for Interent except 900+Taxes.

I have no clue about speeds of BSNL since i use Airtel beacuse they had unlimited plans from the day they started here and i wanted an unlimited plan.

As for speeds, i get 25-30kbps (kilo bytes and not bits) download speed at all times :D

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
^^ nice avatar buddy !

2007- Year of Broadband.
BSNL rocks...i wud recommend dat u shud go for HOME500 Plan....with upto 2mbps speed i think it is the best plan ever offered...Download limit- 2.5GB/Month and 2AM-8AM unlimited download...
Your query regarding the usage charges has been answered by sukhdeep. Am using the Home 500 Plan and very satisifed with the service that BSNL offers. I download arnd 2GB data on an average daily during HAPPY HOURS...
Go for it .!:)

Why to go for UL900 plan and shell out a few extra bucks when you get extrmly gud speedz and 2.5GB daytime limit...

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Nobody can beat BSNL/MTNL broadband service. If you have lots of downloading, go for Rs.500 or more pack so that you can also utilise night free downloading. You have to pay a fixed charge for the monthly use and if you exceed alotted data transfer, you have to pay extra. Your phone calls bills and broadband although appear on the same bill, are charged separately.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes,BSNL is best choise at the present.But many times I have heard that they have poor customer feedback.Airtel has got good customer feedback.I am also using airtel 999 unlimited (256kbps)plan.

But currently airtel is not offering speed upto 2mbps...so,better go for BSNL/MTNL if U have choise.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i would remomed, BSNL with Home Plan 500

also if possible then wait a bit.. let Vodafone to come to the market....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^..hey why to wait for vodafone...
when voda will come in indian market and will offer excellant package,he will shift to that.Why to waste time for Vodafone.

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ok . i have dropped ul plans . i'll go for bsnl . thanks a lot for clearing my doubts abt billing . wats that vodafone ? i havent heard of it . Could u explain.
If i go for the home500 plan , i'll have to keep computer on for 24x7 . I use the comp for practically morn to eve for songs or games or work . so turning on at night too ?? will it be ok ? i intend to buy a dx10 card in may . Is it ok to keep on the comp forver with that ?heating probss , will it come ?? as of now , on intense gaming for several hrs on the 915g gives me 54 temp . I wat after buying the card ? so will keeping on the comp for 24x7 be ok ?

thanks.

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
quite true.
anyway , what speeds do u get while downloading ( regular and torrent ) on home500 and ul900 ?
thanks

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
akshaykapoor_3 said:
^^ nice avatar buddy !

2007- Year of Broadband.
BSNL rocks...i wud recommend dat u shud go for HOME500 Plan....with upto 2mbps speed i think it is the best plan ever offered...Download limit- 2.5GB/Month and 2AM-8AM unlimited download...
Your query regarding the usage charges has been answered by sukhdeep. Am using the Home 500 Plan and very satisifed with the service that BSNL offers. I download arnd 2GB data on an average daily during HAPPY HOURS...
Go for it .!:)

Why to go for UL900 plan and shell out a few extra bucks when you get extrmly gud speedz and 2.5GB daytime limit...
Sridhar_Rao said:
Nobody can beat BSNL/MTNL broadband service. If you have lots of downloading, go for Rs.500 or more pack so that you can also utilise night free downloading. You have to pay a fixed charge for the monthly use and if you exceed alotted data transfer, you have to pay extra. Your phone calls bills and broadband although appear on the same bill, are charged separately.

If you live in delhi , MTNL SUCKS !! Sincere request , DONT GO FOR IT ... they appear chep but their services are Baaaaddd . Thats a understatement .. its pathetic. Also AFIK MTNL dosent offer night ul on any plan @ 2 mbps . I am not sure if even BSNL provides .. Best choice for broadband totally depends on the area you live in .. BSNL UL900 is i think the best ..

Oh and when we mean broadband .. its quite a joke :)

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
now im quite confused . how's the speed on hom500 and ul900 in regular downloads and torrent downloads ? im asking this coz ul900 has 256kbps while home 500 has 256kbps to 2mbps .

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
now im quite confused . how's the speed on hom500 and ul900 in regular downloads and torrent downloads ? im asking this coz ul900 has 256kbps while home 500 has 256kbps to 2mbps .

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
One thing you should very clear is : MTNL and BSNL are very different . Rates , Plans and Service. Now i am not very sure about the BSNL plans but acc to me the home500 plan has 1.5 gb dl cap with speeds upto 2 mbps ( with no night ul i.e : night time dl is also counted) while the ul900 plan is on 256kbps with all time ul ( no data caps whatsoever)
Correct me if i am wrong

See frnds,whether u knw or not bt AIRTEL is far better than BSNL. I m using BSNL bcoz Airtel has no free nodes at my place..AIRTEL uses DSL which is better than ADSL..and qos is also great..no disconnection..

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Maverick340 said:
One thing you should very clear is : MTNL and BSNL are very different . Rates , Plans and Service. Now i am not very sure about the BSNL plans but acc to me the home500 plan has 1.5 gb dl cap with speeds upto 2 mbps ( with no night ul i.e : night time dl is also counted) while the ul900 plan is on 256kbps with all time ul ( no data caps whatsoever)
Correct me if i am wrong

take a look at this dataone(i think same as bsnl ) page.

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

now tell me whats mtnl , vodafone ?
plz put the download speeds of airtel , bsnl ( home500 & ul900 )
and what abt the pc heating prob if i keep it on for 24x7 ?
I dont mind shelling out 400 bucks more , but whats the better choice . If download speed in hom500 is 200KBps and ul900 is 25KBps then i think its better to go for home500 . so what do u say ? i can get airtel connections easily over here(mysore) . so can u tell the plans and actual download speeds both in torrents and usual downloads in airtel ?

thanks.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^..hey why to wait for vodafone...
when voda will come in indian market and will offer excellant package,he will shift to that.Why to waste time for Vodafone.

sorry... i thougtof my self... as for me afording so much isnt possible... as if he doesnt have BSNL land line, he will have to take one... which will cost some near about 1k plus modem may 2k so 3k for start up for BSNL.... and when shifting may be same for Vodafone...

as i thought of my self, seemed that i couldnt afford that extra

:p :p :p

now if one can afford sure he/she can take now and shift any time...

:cool:

Pragadheesh

In the zone
till last yr airtel was d best... but now bsnl simply rocks with its 2mb d best plan is d 500one.. wid ul900 one cant expect n=much speed esp in torrents... so its better to opt for d 500plan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom