Internet by Nokia 7610

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have a Nokia 7610 Phone with a GSM 32K Hutch connection…… I want use it to connect to Internet through my computer…… i have in stalled the nokia pssuite on my conputer..... computer detects it on usb port.... but now what???? how can I connect to the net???? is it going the provide as fast connection as CDMA???

I use windows XP SP2.........

Pls me out

jassalmithu

Right off the assembly line
2 conditions req for a 200kbps connection
1:If u r living in LUDHIANA or CHANDIGARH , as i do
2.If ur phone supports EDGE

then get a connection frm airtel and activate EDGE over it with just a monthly rental of rs. 600 this service is currently available in only LUDHIANA or CHANDIGARH and speed is blazingly fast 200kilo bytes per second not bits

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am from Kolkata....... 7610 does support EDGE....... but my service provider says i need use DKU-5 Data cable....... as i use a DKU-2 USB data cable...... they said that is why i am not getting the speed..... is it true????

Computer does show 460.8Kbps of connection Speed...... but i get only 1.5 to 2.0 Kbps of download speed.........

what will be the best nokia phone to use as a data phone.........

doom_marine

Journeyman
could you tell how you connected it to the system and got the connection

Well i don't think the the 7610 supports EDGE

personally i have tried to connect my phone to the comp for net access for a long time and Airtel Coustomer Care has no idea how to do it from kerala

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
doom_marine try this

Atcivate ur GPRS.......... Install the cable driver on ur computer......... DKU-2 or DKU-5 what ever cable u r using.......... go to control panel..... u will see nokia modem option...... now make a new dial-up cnection by using this nokia USB (in case of DKU-2) or COM Port (in case of DKU-5) modem.......

in that connection user name is 91xxxxxxxxxx (xxxxxxxxxx is ur phone number) & in airtel the dial up number is *99***1#.........

try this u will able to log on to the net....... & let me know whatever happnes.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom