Intel vs nVidia MoBo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_ajay_007

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
Can you explain me the technical differences b/w MoBo's with Intel Chipsets and MoBo's with nVidia chipsets. Which one will be better performance wise. Is that nVidia chipset MoBo's are alternative for Original Intel MoBo's with Onboard graphics ?:confused:

VexByte

Norms Buster
The only difference is that the onboard sound/video components are manufactured by nVidia !

Both are equally good.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
of actually all the nvidia n intel mobos that r availabe w/ onboard audio n gfx,the nv has better pic quality and intel better OC capability.the chips r different and u get your quality according to whats in the chip.for example if u see a geforce 7100 nforce 630i board n compare it 2 geforce 7150 nforce 630i,the 7150 will fare better

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
mostly Nvidia supports SLI feature means Nvidia cards for SLI and Intel Supports Crossfire means ATI cards for Dual Card

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
1. Nvidia mobos give better performance in gaming but intel mobos give better performance in everything else.
2. Nvidia mobos are unstable generally. it is difficult to find a stable nvidia mobo. intel mobos are guaranteed to be good.
3. Nvidia has to design chipsets for amd as well as intel platforms and hence they have lesser choices for intel systems. This means either you get outdated mobo for cheap or brand new kick ass mobo with three way sli for premium. But it is possible to find mid range chipsets with some drawbacks like EVGA 750i at present. This is applicable only when looking for multi gpu solutions. For single CPU systems, you can get mid range nvidia chipset.
4. intel supports crossfire only and nvidia is the only way to sli.

I recommend nvidia chipsets only for SLI. For everything else get intel chipset from any manufacturer other than intel.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
nvidia chips are very stable.but intel ones can remain stable at much higher oc's tha the green team(nvidia).for example,u take a q6600 in 780i mobo;oc it to 3.6ghz,after 8-9 hrs th systame will crash.take intels x48 and put the same one u put w/ 780i(take it out of green team mobo)put it in x48 board oc to 3.6,system=24/7 stable.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^^
many of the reference 680i chipset caused series frustration for many gamers. you can check blogs, personal reviews etc.
Please recommend me a stable SLI chipset for e8200 and two 9600gt, which is under 12k and has 5.1 and 6 USB atleast, if you know any.
I am thinking of buying two EVGA 9600GT KO and setting up SLI. I just need a motherboard.

ancientrites

In the zone
what about asus p5n32-E sli ? its almost 6 months now no trouble at all rarely i switch off my pc on fridays for 2 hours.

ancientrites

In the zone
its in my sig leadtek 8800gtx.i overclocked once while playing crysis but couldnt find major difference using fraps and psu zebronics 730watts diamond series.i was planning for sli to buy another leadtek 8800gtx but that all changed when 9900gtx will released in august08

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
u mean 9800GTX?the 680i's were problematic coz the reference models had voltage regulation problems.the non reference ones were fine and can run all 65nm chips,45nm duals and 45nm ES quads.the probs with 680i were cured by the 780i rehash and can run all lga775 procs till qx9650 without probs. adithyagenius,get a 750i MSI p7n sli platinum.it will suit all your needs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom