Intel to release Celeron E1000 on January 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Intel will release its first desktop dual-core Celeron series, E1000, on January 20, according to sources at motherboard makers.
The first dual-core Celeron processor, the E1200, will have core frequency of 1.6GHz, 800MHz FSB and 512KB L2 cache with a price of US$53 in thousand-unit quantities.
On the same day, Intel will also launch three quad-core (Yorkfield) CPUs, the Q9300, Q9450 and Q9550 and another four dual-core (Wolfdale) CPUs, the E8190, E8200, E8400 and E8500 for desktops, the motherboard makers added.
Meanwhile, Intel will also roll out the quad-core QX9770 processor which features a frequency of 3.2GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 12MB cache and TDP of 136W with a price tag of US$1,399 in thousand-unit quantities in January. Before March, the company will also introduce a high-end quad-core QX9775 processor with a frequency of 3.2GHz, 1600MHz FSB, 12MB L2 cache and 150W TDP. Pricing in thousand-unit quantities will be US$1,499, said the sources.
Intel also plans to introduce a 45nm product for its Core 2 Due E4000 series featuring 1066MHz FSB, 3MB L2 cache and a 65W TDP, however the model number is not yet finalized.

Source

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Oh Boy.. Intel seems all set to kill off AMD. If 45 nm Proccys in E4xxx series come that means cheaper and more overclockable options. This will bring down the gap between the AMD X2 series and the E4xxx. Thus practically killing of the AMD Competition.

Add to that 3 MB Cache where Some X2 Still have just 1 MB. This will further widen the peroformance gap.

This is not good news for AMD. They better put Phenom "X3" [3 Core :p] at an attractive line to compete with this. X2 Series wont be able to fend of this intrusion in market share ~

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Currently there is nothing that AMD can do to keep up with Intel...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/46.gif

kumarmohit

Technomancer
They have postponed Barcelona again. The cdn of AMD is woarse than that of Intel when AMD was at top.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
"desktop dual-core Celeron series", wow...thats great...

Thanks for the info... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/1.gif

goobimama

 Macboy
The cdn of AMD is woarse than that of Intel when AMD was at top.
The condition of Intel was pretty good even when AMD was at the top. Cause most of the branded PCs and such all came with Intel even while AMD was performance king. Only the enthusiasts were going with AMD. Also, Intel is rich!

Now I feel little sorry for AMD. Cause monopoly isn't good for any of us...

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
goobimama said:
Now I feel little sorry for AMD. Cause monopoly isn't good for any of us...
I agree... If Intel takes over the entire market then they wont have any competition left... No more price cuts and who knows what may happen! :p

Ravi and Gigacore: Ure welcome:)

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
u got late*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/112.gif

i have posted it in this forum at 2:31 PM today

check this post *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=684114&postcount=120

OP
nvidia

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Sorry... Didnt see that..
I was exactly 60minutes late*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif

Pat

Beyond Smart
Why did you have to bump an old thread ? You could have created a new thread in the right section! Reported!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom