Intel Pentium Dual Core and conroe beating AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgy_Can

Broken In
Yes that's True that Intel Pentium D overclocked can easily beat AMD 's Fastest Processor's.

That's amzing even overclocked Intel Pentium D 805 beats AMD FX60 AND X2 4800+ Real Bad.

I was amazed when i saw on tomshardware.com that a $130 processor(pentuim d) from Intel can beat the fastest processor's from AMD so badly.

"After beating fastest AMD now Intel the Pentium D 805 is king of processors Its the fastest processor for desktop PC" said Tomshardware Team.

Its amazing how happy will those people will be who bought this mid end but actually killer processor.

Tomshardware.com overcloked this beast to jaw dropping 4.1 GHz and ran all these beanchmarks to see the actual power this thing have under its hood.They were also able to overclock Pentium D to 4.3 GHz and were able to boot into windows xp but whenever they ran any kind of test it crashed so they used 4.1 GHz.

Thus this shows the overclocking potential of Intels processor isn't bad.

Here is the link for the beanchmarks :-

*www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_cores/

And about Conroe most of u know that conroe processors are beating AMD's fastest Processors.

If don't then read on...

The next-gen processors from Intel are going to be avialable soon.They are really powerfull and some of them have even 4mb L2 cache!!!!.

For more info go to this link:-

*www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/05/first_benchmarks_conroe_vs_fx-62/

Intel core 2 Duo E6700(not the fastest next-gen proc. from intel, or say mid-high end processor,the fastest will be E6800 {not very sure}) beats the amd's fastest Processor AMD FX 62 2.80GHz running on DDR 2 933 MHz SLI and even OVERCLOCKED AMD FX 62 3.0GHz running on DDR2 1016 MHz SLI.

Intel core 2 Duo E6700 2.66Ghz @ DDR2 667 Mhz------------Beats---------- Overclocked AMD FX 62 3.0GHz @ DDR2 1016 MHz SLI.

So this shows intel is really serious about its performance and reputation in both gaming and multitasking.Its not easy for AMD to beat the experienced players.....

What u guys say:

nik_for_you

In the zone
Nice info man... I am intel fan from long time and this is great ... can you tell me price of inter pentium d 805 in indian market ?

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You can't compare apples to oranges. Why test a stock FX 60 against an overclocked 805? Either overclock both processors or don't overclock any of them.

nik_for_you

In the zone
drvarunmehta said:
You can't compare apples to oranges. Why test a stock FX 60 against an overclocked 805? Either overclock both processors or don't overclock any of them.

agreed !!! nice point dude

turbasu

Broken In
nik_for_you said:
Nice info man... I am intel fan from long time and this is great ... can you tell me price of inter pentium d 805 in indian market ?

Below 6.5K

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Intel is the best any day. But in terms of costs AMD processors are a little cheaper.
So it's value for money - AMD.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
not sure...i "was" an intel fan...even i own an intel cpu but went on for amd wen it overtook....are intels beating amd's best cpu...i mean x2 n all....if it does i may revert back to intel

cheers

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:

u are right but when AMD 64 processors came, everyone compared AMD 64 bit processors to intel 32 bit P4's??Its a big difference!!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
But at that time Intel didn't have 64 bit proccy's, so AMD 64 had to be compared against the best that Intel had to offer at that time.

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:
But at that time Intel didn't have 64 bit proccy's, so AMD 64 had to be compared against the best that Intel had to offer at that time.

If u check the CONROE E6700 becnhmarks agianst the AMD FX62.The AMD Processor is overcloked so why do they overclock the AMD?

Intel Pentuim D isn't in High end PC lineup they overclocked it to show its potential agianst the high end processors.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I agree with you that even the FX 62 shouldn't be OC'd against Conroe, but i'm not the one running these benchmarks so don't ask me why it's done like that.
Anyways it dosen't take a genius to figure out that Conroe is far better than the best AMD has to offer.

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
I Think the reason for overclocking is to show how a mid end product can compete with the next-gen product by simple overclocking.It would be very interesting If a overclocked 6800 Ultra can beat a 7800Gtx.Intel Processor did the same thing.

Hey i like thIS quote:

"For die-hard AMD fans this(PENTIUM D 805 PERFORMANCE) will mean a change of sides, and possibly politics. But hey, why not, if the results are worthwhile?"

And i want to add something;

Before AMD came in (i mean acc. to performance) everyone loved Intel but after AMD showed some really good processor's a lot of people changed to AMD because it was better, now Intel's processor is better so why don't change to intel??
We need better hardware no one cares who make it..this is what people said most of times when AMD released a better processor.Now those People will change to Intel and say the same thing agian and agian and agian.....

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Georgy_Can said:
I Think the reason for overclocking is to show how a mid end product can compete with the next-gen product by simple overclocking.It would be very interesting If a overclocked 6800 Ultra can beat a 7800Gtx.Intel Processor did the same thing.

Hey i like thIS quote:

"For die-hard AMD fans this(PENTIUM D 805 PERFORMANCE) will mean a change of sides, and possibly politics. But hey, why not, if the results are worthwhile?"

And i want to add something;

Before AMD came in (i mean acc. to performance) everyone loved Intel but after AMD showed some really good processor's a lot of people changed to AMD because it was better, now Intel's processor is better so why don't change to intel??
We need better hardware no one cares who make it..this is what people said most of times when AMD released a better processor.Now those People will change to Intel and say the same thing agian and agian and agian.....

well im im one of em...i have intel n i liked it a lot...changed it to amd....now i think i ve 2 reconsider....now wat if even amd is overclocked n same test is taken again...

cheers

hermit

Journeyman
LEts wait for offical release . if its really worth then INTEL would have released it in market to beat AMD .

i think its just a way to attract INTEL products nothing else .

lets wait for AMD to accept there Defeat .
(DONT DREAM )

Vyasram

The pWnster
Georgy_Can said:
Can u please tell me where is that similar thread.I Would like to read it.Its preety interesting topic.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25078&highlight=conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom