Intel Nehalem and AMD Phenom Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
INTEL:-

Well, to update all on nehalem.

1.The 2.53GHz Bloomsfield i7 has been tested and posts a score of 16000+ in PC Mark.:)
2. The 2.83 GHz almost touches 18000.:)
3. This is compared to the QX9770 which gives a 10300 score only :D

---Intel announced that mainstream nehalems will not be overclockable while others will be.:mad:

---ASUS has displayed a X58 prototype that supports 6 Graphics Cards and 24GB DDR3 1900/2000 MHz RAM.:eek:

---Performance nehalems will be priced anywhere between 266$ to 1200$:x

AMD:-

1. AMD quietly started selling low cost Phenom X2's a while ago.

2. AMD phenom X4 9950 B.E. price drop from 235$ to 186$, 4$ more than the X4 9850 B.E. which is now going to be selling at 182$.
The X4 9950 B.E. thus claims a sweet spot with prices almost touching 7.5k in India(I'm sure of that, at least after this price cut). Thus this makes us think twice before buying another one of the Q6600 which is although priced at 183$, is a little put down in front of the X4 9950.

3. AMD Deneb no further updates. Although the OCing has been facilitated to 3.6 Ghz now. Quite good huh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To know more: type- www.google.com and search what you wanna know.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer

1.The 2.53GHz Bloomsfield i7 has been tested and posts a score of 16000+ in PC Mark.:)

---Intel announced that mainstream nehalems will not be overclockable while others will be.:mad:

---ASUS has displayed a X58 prototype that supports 6 Graphics Cards and 24GB DDR3 1900/2000 MHz RAM.:eek:

Its Advisable to always mention the source as well.............thanks for the info though...

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Well, the Phenom X4 9950 B.E. will be available for about 8.7-9k from next month onwards once the price slash effects India.

And AMD Deneb, no further news yet, looks like Intel is going full out with Nehalem, or maybe AMD is hiding something!!!!

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

One more update: the Deneb procc. from AMD, which has 2.5GHz speed, has been successfully OCed to 4.05GHz.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

---Performance nehalems will be priced anywhere between 266$ to 1200$:x

AWESOME. one more nice step by Intel.

AMD now finding a way to hell.......

forever

filth is me
We were surprised to see that the Bloomfield generation of CPUs will officially support DDR3 800 or 1066. Even the extreme edition 3.2GHz Core i7 officially only supports DDR3 1066 and not faster. There won't even be an official support for DDR3 1333 not to mention 1600 or faster.

Fudzilla has already mentioned the fact that for some reason you need to run memory CPU voltage synchronously which might be an overclocker's worst nightmare. At this current stage you cannot go over 1.65V and some memories such as DDR3 1600 or DDR3 2000 might need a bit more than that. With more than 1.65 you will kill any current Nehalem CPU.

Bloomfield Nehalem doesn’t run with DDR2 memory as the memory controller is inside of a CPU and so far we are not aware of any plans to release Bloomfield Core i7 CPU that would support DDR2.

Source

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It's bad that ddr2 support is not there. DDR3 costs a bomb right now. This means that the Core i7 rig wil blow your wallet away :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Me waiting for Nehalem no matter what the faults. I am upgrading on 1st November.

Nehalem + X58 + 4GB RAM + VFM NVIDIA GPU at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom