Intel lures IT managers with rock music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Intel puts a lot of effort into trying to convince us that it isn’t really the old, boring company it often appears to be. A lot of emotional and hip components have been surrounding the firm’s marketing campaigns lately. Following Mariah Carey, who promoted Centrino Duo more than a year ago and the Orange County Choppers crew, which recently built a motorcycle promoting Intel’s embedded products for apparently well more than $500,000, the server group has adopted a rock music theme targeting IT managers.

There are currently two songs and videos available with a very professional touch. Given the songs that make it into the Billboard charts these days, we easily could imagine these songs being part of the listing – well, if we ignore the words, of course.

Curious? Here are a few lines of the song “Everything has changed”:

I was lost
lots of aimless wandering desk to desk,
higher cost,
trying to chase away the endless system threats.

Trouble tickets everywhere
tangled up in old software,
outdated, always left me in despair.

But everything has changed,
not just rearranged.
Hardware-based technology has finally set me free,
Remote-manageability puts the power where it should be
with managers of IT like me.

(…)

It is certainly interesting what marketing departments come up with when they have lots of cash at their disposal. But if you ask us, we found the Core 2 Duo “dancing chickens”, which have made the rounds on the Internet earlier this year, but apparently have been removed recently, even better.

*www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33025/118/

*www.intel.com/go/itgetseasier/index.htm

PS- the lyrics r bad:D

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Uhehekehehehee....

*snorts*

Well, they're thinking out of the box, I'll give them that. Its a good move for publicity as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom