Intel Insecure with AMD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indro

In the zone
Interesting Quote -

"What most people don't realize is that this site will give support to P4 EM64T users regardless of the site's name. I wanted a sister site named PlanetEM64T but Intel Legal told me flat out that I would be "sued to the Stone Age" if I (or anyone for that matter) tried to make a website that included an Intel Trademark. They advised me to change the name of the site so AMD wouldn't do the same. They were startled to learn that AMD endorsed the name and supports the site and it's mission.

While attempting to forge some links to Intel today, I was told by the District Sales Manager that Intel Marketing won't play ball with me until I change the site name. They don't want to be seen endorsing a competitor it seems.

I can't understand is how a company as large as Intel can be so psychologically insecure.

Go figure. "

Link - *www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=5467&st=40

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I'm surprised with the not allowing use of the trademark thing but I agree with the site name. How can they be part of a site that is called planetAMD64?

OP
I

indro

In the zone
me think that AMD takes it as a mode of advertisement , like many other sites like amd3d.com amdzone.com or for that matter www.athlonxp.com , nvidia too supports its own fan site , nforceshq.com .
Nothing wrong in it , me rekon !

flexiraman

Right off the assembly line
AMD is on Intel

Yo Amd is cool and u know intel's Extreme(Emergency) Edition can't ward off AMDs but peaple are not ready to give up intel. perhaps its lack of advertisements by AMD This needs to be improved and AMD Will Capture the market at once. U know intel is desperate to reach the 64 bit mark but AMD's 64 bit achievement will certainly gain some respect for it deserves

*www.2hot2cool.com/11/coolguyflex

OP
I

indro

In the zone
The only thing which intel has problem with is ego , they have to get over it , otherwise wont be Such a great Intel afterall in next couple of years :)

D

Deleted member 5901

Intel Knows that AMD is gonna Rule VERY soon !!!
LIKE Me And many others !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom