Intel Graphic Accelerator Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanthgss

Broken In
Hi guys'

Recently I installed the upgrade pack for my Intel D915GAV motherboard .It was supposed to upgrade my Graphic Accelerator.The installation went fine but after the installation the sysytem restarted even when I selected the "No,i will restart later option" .Worst of all I get a error message saying "The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\igfxres.dll is not a valid Windows image.Please check this against your installation diskette" also I get the following error "The application or DLL C:\Intel\ExtremeGraphics\CUI\Resource\igfxres.dll is not a valid Windows image.Please check against your Windows installation diskette"

Please help me out.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Did you install the Intel Application Accelerator software released by Intel? If yes, then your motherboard is not supported by the software.
One should always check all this before applying such upgrades.

If not, then maybe the chipset drivers have got corrupted while updating.
You can either:-

1. Roll back the original driver:

a) Go to Start->Run.. and type devmgmt.msc

b) Expand the Display Adapters to get Intel D915GAV or something like that.

c) Right click it and select Properties

d) Go to Drivers Tab & click on Roll Back Driver..

This will rollback your driver to the previos version.

2.Restore your system
Restore your system to a date previous than the one when you installed this software using System Restore

Hope this helps.. Reply to what happened..

Savvy :!:

shri007

Broken In
yes it happens.because i am also having same D915GAV board.some times my graphics gets hamppered or it slowens my machine.and also the graphic acceleration is not upto mark upto what we expect?

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, if srikanth has indeed used the Accelerator i mentioned of, it was released some 3 years ago( at the time SP2 was released i guess).

This accelerator caused some optimizing of drivers with the OS so as to be able to process faster.

However, this feature was already introduced into the SP2. So, overall, there isnt much difference if you have SP2 already installed on your systems.

praka123

left this forum longback
I dont have any problems when using updated audio/grafix drivers for my intel915GAV.only thing though not able to update was the Intel deskrop utility and chipset inf.it creates errors.so best thing I believe is if u hae updated your bios to latest then try those newest drivers.otherwise keep.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom