Intel going to jump to DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
Intel’s upcoming X38 Express chipset is expected to replace the current Intel 975X Express chipset. The X38 Express brings new features such as PCI Express 2.0 compatibility as well as two full speed PCI Express x16 slots. DDR3 1333 will be the memory standard of choice.

DDR3 boards by 2007!! Buying a PC based on these chipsets is going to cost a bomb. Why can't they make DIMM sockets that are compatible to both DDR2 and DDR3? or even DDR4 when it comes out. Say for eg, you can insert a 184 pin DDR modules in a 240 pin DDR2 socket. The rest of the socket will remain unused.

At this rate there will be nothing called a future proof PC. Infact such a time has already arrived. So its useless to buy a PC with a motherboard that supports a "future processor", because by the time you decide to change your proc your mobo will be already outdated. If you are buying a dual core CPU, don't buy a mobo that supports quad-core CPU. It wil be just a waste of money. Don't look for features in a mobo that you are not going to use, just because its going to look "future proof".

*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4588

paul_007

Padawan
Re: Intel going to jump to DD3

yes i completly agree with u...... all the latest hardware shud b backward compatible.......

montylee

Journeyman

It's time for the gaming freaks to leave the PC and jump to Consoles.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

I see its rival...the AM3 along with HTT 3.0......that's the powerful future ahead of us... :D

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...

i think by mid of next year things will stabilize a bit as major improvements would have come in most of the pc components(barring processors though!) and they will atleast for a year or so till next round of updates come to life again...
thts perfectly well for me as m going to buy a pc around mid of next year...but as of now we can only wait and watch!

sabret00the

Youngling

Guys thats the way the industry decides to "PHASE OUT" old technology and force consumers to purchase new technology thereby making it sure that the millions of $ s they spend to invent something new is recovered.Eg.Intel was supporting DDR2 and then as soon as AMD moved to DDR2 with AM2 the industry as a whole started phasing out DDR1 although most of the computers still use DDR SDram.So DDR ram is now costlier than DDR2 although its shud be the otherway round.U'll be forced to settle down with DDR2 instead of upgrading,so on and so forth........
this is ****ing insane,I'am going to build a very expensive system in a couple of months and if it becomes obsolete within say 3months then it dosent make any sense man........when is this gonna stop!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom