Intel CPU Price Cuts (July 22) - Quad Core - 266$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
While AMD AM2+ processors are due out in Q3, Intel announced another plan on price reduction just 3 months after the previous drop on April 22. With a remarkable cut at 50%, AMD is facing another harsh battle with Intel.

As reported before, Intel has had hinted a price drop in Q3, expecting a second price drop someday in August and September. However, the exact date turns out surprisingly on July 22 as the first hand information we have received. Undoubtedly, the move give certain impact on the sales of AMD processors. Not until the release of next-generation AM2+ processors, it’s hard for AMD to get profit from their existing products.

In the most updated plan, Intel Quad-Core Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4GHz/4MB L2 x2/1066MHzFSB) will be further cut to $266, a second drop within 4 months since its release on March with 68.7% accumulated price drop. For the original price segment of Core 2 Quad Q6600, now it will be replaced by a new model Quad Q6700 (2.66GHz/4MB L2 x2/1066MHzFSB), pricing at $530.

For the mainstream desktop processors, while Core 2 Duo E6000 family has no price update information at this moment, its relatives, Core 2 Duo 6050 family which features 1333MHz FSB releasing on July 22, has got a very impressive price advantage. The 3 models including E6550 (2.33GHz), E6750 (2.66GHz), and E6850 (3GHz) are only priced at $266, $183, and $163, around 40% cheaper than its 1066MHz version. Together with the new release of Bearlake featuring 1333MHz FSB, the both releases are expected to have great sales.

For the Value segment, Core 2 Duo E4500 will be a new release on July 22. Featuring 2.2GHz clock speed, 2MB L2 Cache and 800MHz FSB, its price is set at $133, while E4400 will further drop to $113.

*img508.imageshack.us/img508/8982/attachmentcu3.png

Source : *www.hkepc.com/bbs/news.php?tid=789466

cooldip10

In the zone
^^^ me too. .

I have been waiting for a long long time for a price cut on currently available processors. Hope this hits India soon!

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
That would be in September. I have read it somewhere. Forgot the Source.

I have been waiting for a long long time for a price cut on currently available processors. Hope this hits India soon!
Yeah....they are no Intel Distributors in Northern Region :( One is Chennai, one is in Mumbai. One month ago i decided to get a PC. I go down the market to know the prices and E6600 was for Rs 11500. Took me two days to decide everything. Went back and come to know E6600 is out of stock :( Since 25 days i have been waiting for the Two Distributors in my city to stock it and there is no sign they will.......soon

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ September is tooo late. Even AMD were to launch their quad core procs in the Q3 of 2007. When are we going to hear the good news from their side:(

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
cynosure said:
^^ September is tooo late. Even AMD were to launch their quad core procs in the Q3 of 2007. When are we going to hear the good news from their side:(

amd will launch their proccys by august i hope :(....if they do then these price cuts will be useless

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
ssk429 said:
amd will launch their proccys by august i hope :(....if they do then these price cuts will be useless

You are getting it wrong. The Price cuts would be in July and should be available in a week.

The September Price Cuts are for Core 2 Duo Laptop Processors :)

Edburg

In the zone
This discussion was started before a week or so but not much response there. No matter *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57893

ssk429 said:

No,AMD server arch Barcelona is set to be launched in a couple of months but the desktop versions of these are to be launched only during Christmas this year.

But if AMD too cuts prices on their proccies,imagine Athlon X2 3600+ which currently seels for about Rs.3400,can be had for about 2.5k or near that.Coupling that with a decent mobo,Wow now thats a budget system with much potential.

Pathik

Google Bot
is it a global price cut or just in the asian markets.. I m very confused whether to wait or go ahead :(

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
pathiks said:
is it a global price cut or just in the asian markets.. I m very confused whether to wait or go ahead :(

Global Cuts. Prices should effect India in Week's time after US cuts on July 22. I havent checked again but on July 4 - Quad Core X6600 + Motherboard was 300$. Maybe it was only for Independence day but i didnt check price on US sites after that

prasad_den

Padawan
IS it better to wait for a lappie till september then...??? :( :( Whats the range of price cuts we are speaking of now..??

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
prasad_den said:
IS it better to wait for a lappie till september then...??? :( :( Whats the range of price cuts we are speaking of now..??

At the moment, there is no announcment for price cuts in September for Desktop Preocessors. September is the month for cuts in Core 2 Duo Laptop Processors.

As for Price cuts, check table in my first posr :)

blackpearl

The Devil
All hardware manufacturers are cutting prices. On top of that dollar value is dropping. Today it stands at Rs 40.30. All this means cheaper products!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom