Intel Core 2 Duo Vs AMD AM2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk123

Broken In
Which is the best config according to you guys ??

Intel Core2 Duo Based

Intel E6300 Conroe - 1.86 GHz 1066MHz,2 MB,LGA

Rs.8900

ASUS P5LD2-VMSE 945G,S,L,16xPCX

Rs.4900

Transcend 1.0 GB-DDR2-533 533 MHZ - PC4000

Rs.5300

Seagate 250GB - SATA Baracuda / Puma 7200r

Rs.4050

Total:Rs.23150

AMD AM2 Based
DUAL Core AMD X2 - 3600 AM2
Rs.6650

ASUS M2NPV-MX nF6150,V,16x, 6Ch S
Rs.4750

Transcend 1.0 GB-DDR2-533 533 MHZ - PC4000
Rs.5300

Seagate 250GB - SATA Baracuda / Puma 7200r
Rs.4050

Total:Rs.20750

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
with only this 2 in hand i would say AMD one is better because of the Motherboard...

as C2D is at its best with E6600+ with a 965G (x3000 GMA)+ based mobo.. 945 isnt up to the mark with C2D...

if compair with E6600 with D965G RY board then C2D rock over any AM2 config... and if u can go higher then well its even better...

assasin

Banned
If budget permits buy the AMD x2 3800+ instead of the 3600+.Also try to get urself a 1DDR2 667 MHz ram.

Last edited:

yur_maker

Right off the assembly line
Sauray:
1st of all the guy is comparing Price vs Performance its obvious.
In that case conroe e6300 is aproximatly 183.00 @ newegg.
Am2 4200 x2 is also 183.00 @ newegg.
In whtch the Am4200 x2 will Trounce The e6300 with any MOBO!

Matrix

It's me.....
Is this price of Asus Board and AMD 3600+ AM2 64bit is correct nd latest.

Please tell what is the price of AMD 3800+ AM2 64bit.

Is this AMD 3600+ 64bit AM2 is better than intel Core 2 duo .

Thanks

yur_maker

3800 am2 is 159.00 retail at newegg.com, Asus M2N-MX is 75.99 @ newegg.com.
The Core2 e6300 Setup would be at least 75.00 More total With a Cheap MOBO and 150.00 more with a decent MOBO.
The only good core 2 chip is the conroe the rest are Junk so dont use the term Core 2, Say Conroe because AM2 will mop the floor with 90% of the core2 chips.
And Price vs Performance AM2 mops the floor with any intel chip.
Any one who says different is a "FANBOY" and is Talking out there azz.
Now the Conroe core2's Do clock very well if your an OC'r But for the Regular User I would Still Buy AMD Unless Money was no Object.
I would Also consider Conroe if you wanted to spend more than 300.00 on a cpu until AMD brings down the prices of there faster chips.

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@vk

Wud certainly recommend AMD over Intel in ur case.

U shud c d comparison which DIGIT carries dis month. Its a complete one..

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
I M DREAMING OR WAT??ANY DAY E6300 IS BETTA THEN 3600.3800,4200 X2 AMD PROCCY...AM2 HAS NO FUTURE AS AMD'S NU SOCKET,PROCCY R GONNA B OUT SOON WID 65nm,I M REALLY SHOCKED TO C SO MANY PEOPLE SUGGESTING AM2 OVER CONROE...MAN JUZ GET URSELF A E6300 WID A DECENT MOBO IF U CAN THEN GET 965 ELSE 945.EVEN WID 945 CONROE IS GONNA BEAT AM2 BY A BIG MARGIN.

yur_maker

Money is why...
For the money a low budget AM2 will mop the floor with a low budget conroe and the conroe will still cost more.
Not everyone has a million dollars to spend on an unlimited system.
I myself have a Dual Opie and the wife has a Conroe e6600 and My opie will trash it on anything.
Not to mention I have not had a crash on My Opie in a 2 yrs while the conroe bsods Regularly.
I like The Conroe for a single cpu It performs pretty well but by no Means is it King as All the serious Geeks have Opie's no Conroe's.
Opie's scale Better than anything out There.
You Fanboy Trolls Should stay in the closet.
When a Better Intel chip Is Invented I'll be The 1st to Buy it.
For Now it like this.
For low end dualcore get AM2.
Midrange Systems are a tossup.
For Highend get the Conroe.
For Geek Crazy Get Dual or Quad Opteron.

(Remember Only the conroe Intel Chip is any good, The rest are Basicly Junk)
So don't think You have a great chip just because its an Intel Duo core because Most of them are sub standard.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^What bull$hit... the slowest core 2 duo E6300 is faster than the top end athlon 64 at stock speeds(other than the fx). Not to mention it clocks insanely well with a bit more juice. Everyone who cares about performance has a conroe now... i dumped an amd64 setup for a c2d and couldn't be happier. If your wife's conroe bsods, its probably cos of some board issue or bad ram or insufficient power or simply spyware/malware/viruses. Lame posts like these lead to only confusion and nothing more. Now go jump in a well before making such retarded posts again.

Ch@0s

In the zone
^^Yeah I guess i went overboard... apologies. But nothing pisses me off more than when folks with half knowledge try to push home their opinions like what the poster above me did.

yur_maker

These Turds are kids who Probably do not own either and have celerons that there Gramma gave them.
Research and You will see.
As I stated Conroe clocks well if your an overclocker but remember the chip speed is set by intel for a reason and many have stability issues with over clocking.
Not to mention shortening the life or destroying Your setup.
AM2 4200 2x is Faster than Conroe e6300 @ just About anything, Just research it.
Both chips cost the same, except You will pay More for an Intel MOBO.
Stock AM2 2x is hands down the victor.
If You Have OC'ing in mind then I would get the e6300.
Only a schoolboy / Fanboy Retard would say different.

My Dual Opie Can Defrag, Virus Scan, encode a Movie ,Listen to an mp3 and Play FEAR Full out All Simultaniously With out a hickup.
This would Make the Wife's e6600 Puke !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom