intel 9xx series Vs amd X2 (3800+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritwickgupta

Broken In
hi techies.......
i want to do a comparison for intel 9xx series proccy n amd 3800+ proccy. plz don give comments like amd rulez in gaming n etc. if u r saying something then say it with some reason. after all intel is a leading company n it has the capability to beat amd.
which of these will b better for gaming n encoding purposes?????
inetl 940 -----rs 15000
amd 3800+ x2 ------rs 1700
the given fact is that 9xx series can b overclocked a lot. who will win the race after overclocking????
thx in advance

Last edited:

zuala77

Broken In
just try to read this link *reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/processorsmemory/0,39024015,39233885-7,00.htm
and also go through the rendering benchmark........intel consumes more power so that means when ocing more heat.... one of my friend had a pentium D 840 and we tested and compared them to my 4200+ cpu dual core...the difference was very visible in media encoding...Photoshop.....and moreover GAMES

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
If price is considered, then Intel is better, especially at encoding. If price is not an issue AMD will give overall better performance,
Both can be overclocked to nearly the same extent.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
At approximately Rs. 23,000, I believe AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ is the most value-for-money processor.
But if you are not willing to shell out that much, 3800+ is not bad either. It's definitely MUCH better than Intel's 820.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. donno about the 3800+ .. but u can surely oc the hell out of the 930 .. additional 600 MHz would be no probs ... and i'd recommend a dual core having two 3.6 GHz cpu's anyday ...

OP
R

ritwickgupta

Broken In
let us make this battle 1 on 1
amd 3800+ x2 vs intel d940
(coz both r of nearly of the same price.)
n which one of all the dual core proccy gives the bst value for money.................
plz help guyz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom