INTEL 865 GBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsammy

Right off the assembly line
hello there friends seems i'm in troubled waters again.

Following is my problem please help me....

I own a system with the following configuration

Intel 865 GBF motherboard

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz

512 DDR

2 x 80 GB HDD

NavTech Cabinet with Power supply for Pentium4

The system was purchased on 6th of August 2005.

As per the customer terms i'm still in the warranty period.

When i had purchased the system, from the very first week i was facing
thermal problems. I reported it to the dealer and he added on two
chasis coolers. After which my system became stable for a while. Now i have started facing the frequent hang up's, many time the BIOS reports that system was shut down due to thermal problems. Also the intel active moitor reoprts high temperatures of the processor area. Now the situation is that my system boots and works for hardly 5 minutes and then it freezes i mean hangs up.

The system has NOT been tweaked or over clocked externally or
internally. The system is kept in an ambinet space with complete air
flow. Also there are no magnetic interfernces nearby.

G

gxsaurav

Update your motherboard BIOS first, the 865GBF is known to have trouble in reading temprature correctly, thats why BIOS update are required.

After this, work on your computer, without the sidepanel, open it. check if it still gives hangups or not, if it doesn't then u get some thermal problem sure

check weather the CPU is seated on the motherboard & weather the CPU Fan is assembled properly or not

Tech&ME

Banned
gxsaurav said:
Update your motherboard BIOS first, the 865GBF is known to have trouble in reading temprature correctly, thats why BIOS update are required.

After this, work on your computer, without the sidepanel, open it. check if it still gives hangups or not, if it doesn't then u get some thermal problem sure

check weather the CPU is seated on the motherboard & weather the CPU Fan is assembled properly or not

First of all DO NOT OPEN YOUR COMPUTER CASE and try to repair of correct any thing inside it yourself. As you said your system is still under warranty, so better call the engineer and explain him what gxsaurav has said to do.

Also, Ask the engineer to lower the input temperature to your motherboard from the BIOS and also ask him to disable fan speed control and other unneccessary settings from the BIOS.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey wht Tech &ME said is right. U still have warranrty. so no problem i guess..
Call the dealer say him tht it satrted hanging again due to same problem..

G

gxsaurav

what does lowering the input temprature has to do with this problem.It's 865GBF , which doesn't support such features

Tech&ME

Banned
gxsaurav said:
what does lowering the input temprature has to do with this problem.It's 865GBF , which doesn't support such features

Please note what @techsammy has said:

techsammy said:
Also the intel active moitor reoprts high temperatures of the processor area

It seems to me that the Intel Active Monitor Software is reading the temperatures incorrectly.

He has two choices to make either he can lower the input temperature (if this is supported by the software itself)

OR

He should uninstall the Intel Active Monitor Software completely. Intel Active Monitor Software does not fully support SP2 and its a known issue. New version is available at intel.com

But its better not to have this software at all.

A

ASH_DSG

TRY TO OFF OR DISABLE THE HARDWARE TEMPERATURE OR HARDWARE MONITOR FROM BIOS IT WILL HELP OR RASE THE TEMP ALARM TO 80 C RHISHOULD WORK AND SEE IF UR PRO IS NOT OVERCLOCKED AND TRY TO LOAD FAIL SAFE OR COMPANY DEFAULT SETTING IN BIOS AND THEN RESTART.
TRY ALL ABOVE ONE BY ONE AND SEE WHICH IS OK.

Satissh S

Youngling
Now the situation is that my system boots and works for hardly 5 minutes and then it freezes i mean hangs up.
That can also be due to problems with your Switch mode power supply (SMPS). This is the sure symptom if your smps is faulty.. the computer will start and operate for a few minutes before it'll turn of.. automatically and the processor fan will stop running. Try changing your smps to a good one from antec or some other vendor. Insist with a wattage of minimum 400 watts. This problem has occured to me in the past. There are vendors in the market who sell you 400 watts smps which IMHO are not as efficient.

As for as your heating query is concerned.. try applying thermal grease between cpu-fan and socket. Try keeping the cabinet door during summer season. Keep the wires tied to one corner of the chassis there by not obstructing the flow of air within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom