Intel 845GVSR Motherboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prabhagaran

காத&#29
Hi folks out there!!

This is my first post in the Digit Forum..

May I know whether there is any means for using a 400MHz 512MB RAM in Intel 845GVSR motherboard?? ( The board specs say it supports 333/266/200MHz RAMs only)..

The board does not even boot into BIOS menu if a 400MHz RAM is plugged into it...

Plzzz help me outttt..

Regards,
Prabhagaran

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well u can install upto 2 GB of RAM on ur motherboard.All u have to buy a ram of the frequencies that u have mentioned as your motherboard doesn't support 400 MHZ FSB (PC2100, PC1600, PC2700).I think there is very hard to find a new RAM of these frequencies.THe 400 MHZ RAM is PC3200 so u have to install lesser FSB than this.U may find used RAM and that u can use.
Good luck in hunting for RAM!!!
U can buy it from *www.computerwarehousepricelist.com/productlist.asp?ctg=4

Last edited:
OP
P

Prabhagaran

காத&#29
Hey guys.. thanks for the suggestions... Since i have 400MHz RAM already, the next hunt is for second hand RAM only...

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Why it won't run..I think it (400 MHz..) would (must) run but in lower frequency..

Do u have any other module placed in the slot..if there is any other module of any other frequency...then take out that..and place the 400 MHz..alone...and then try ..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yes,i forget to mention this.Before buying anything else,PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SYSTEMS DRIVERS,BIOS AND EVERY THING LATEST.iT WILL SURELY HELP TO MAKE THINGS WORK BETTER.

OP
P

Prabhagaran

காத&#29
Thank you shyamno, digital brat and nishant_nms...

Just now i downloaded the latest BIOS drivers for the board. Have to recover BIOS from a floppy disk sinc there is no sort of a display on the screen(as if the m=board is dead).

There is no other RAM module inserted on the board except the 400MHz 512MB one..

You know guys? today i even stuck an 128MB 333MHz RAM(my friend's) top the board instead of the high speed 400MHz RAM. Still the board behaved the same way. No display, no keyboard lights are ON, but the processor is running, FDD light glows, CD drive starts rotating..

I ill try the BIOS recovery today and let you guys know the result...

with hope,
Prabhagaran

Hai all.. The BIOS update too didnt work out. The board is to be sent for service i think. The board didnt read the floppy disk contents when switched ON. Something wrong.

Last edited:

farukh445

Right off the assembly line
hello

I purchased 1 gb ram recently it is DDR333 it is working fine...The thing I get to know about RAMS is that you have to check which processor you are using depending on that you have to take for suppose you are using P4 you can go for DDR333 and DDR266. IF you have celeron then you can either buy DDR266 or DDR200. P4 doesn't support DDR200 and Celeron DDR333 vice versa...you have to be careful while purchasing RAMS...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom