Status
Not open for further replies.

LoBo

Broken In
Hello

Last week I was doing an experiment with my MoBo, I made a wrong BIOS flash
and got myself an extremely nonworking MoBO. :roll:

Now, my PC is stone cold! :cry:

I searched for a lot for a compitable board, but I could not find any.

My pro is Celeron 1A Ghz (Tualatin), and i need a compitable board, preferbly with an AGP slot.

Edit [Nemesis]: I'm sorry but forum rules prohibit trade of any sort on the board.

Thanx

AlienTech

In the zone
Many mother boards have an auto flash feature, this is where you boot the disk with a floppy with the flash image and it will boot the computer and flash the bad bios. Check to see if your motherboard supports this. The vast majority of them do. This is not like a normal boot form a floppy but a special bios boot to re flash the bios.

Also since the BISO itself is on an EEPROM, you can just take it out and to a shop which has a flash eeprom programmer. They can manually flash the bios for you. You just make sure you give them the proper bios to flash in a bin file.

AlienTech

In the zone
I forgot to mention that every phone repair shop will have this flashing facility since phones regularly need re flashing and it is much more complicated that flashing a computer motherboard since the chips are usually soldiered and they have to use a special desoldring sucker to take the chip out first and also the chips are of various sizes and shapes.

techmax

Broken In
hey dude how u did that even i tried to do the flashing and i switched of the power supply in the middle even then my mobo is working fine he..he...
(its a good reason for upgrade......)

Do just as alien tech said all will be fine!

OP
L

LoBo

Broken In
@ everyone who tried 2 help me

My current MoBo is Mercury 810eTFSX :? and I had downloaded the latest BIOS from Intel website which were ment for the Intel 815 board :oops:

i thought it would improve my mobo performance :lol:

but it sent it to RIP! :cry:

now, my system does not even start and when i turn it on, i hear a looooong beep. nothing else happens. (then forget about booting through floppy)

well I'm sure that my pro is in good condition. (I tried it on my friend's mobo, but it does not get detectd properly on his mobo. It showd Celeron 433 MHz/66 Mhz FSB, after many tweaks!)
and when i tried my mobo with his processor(i.e. PIII 866 Mhz(coppermine)with 133 Mhz FSB) it showed the same result! the Looooong beeep.

so I think I need to change the MoBo.

@Nemesis- I know this forum is not meant for trading, but i could not locate the 'bazaar forum' so i posted my query here.

so, back to the point, I have read an advertisement of a GIGABYTE 815 MoBo in an older issue of digit, that MoBo had Blue coloured CPU socket, and had supported my processor. So anyone of you have that MoBo, pls tell me.

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom