intel 2.8 and intel 2.8 HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
HT=HyperThreading, a technique introduced by intel to make a single core processor handle multiple task, ie. behave like a dual-core proc.
But sadly this didnt give expected results, so it just remains....
I dont think non-HT processors r easily available these days, moreover why not take HT if its available. Price=> NON HT= Rs 6k; HT= somewhere arnd 8k
Plus, 2.8 GHz is low for an intel pro. ....should be over 3 GHZ to have some life(i know conroe is gonna kill this anyway)

Journeyman
HT does give a performance boost in my case. I do renderings in 3DS Max -
The CPU acting as to logical units does decrease the time taken 2x. Really helpful. I am unable to achieve such performances even on an AMD...Sometimes its better to have an Intel. Right?

Journeyman
Do you actually get any benefit with a 64-bit OS? Mine doesn't give me any?

Kannan

In the zone
In my case also I saw a performance boost with the HT enabled P4. But in my case I have a high end Mother Board with DDR-II.

But the processor stays very hot all the time. Mostly above 60 Deg C.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I would suggest to go for HT processors, esp, 3.00 Ghz with 2MB cache as most of the furture applications may require this kind of processor power.

goobimama

 Macboy
It depends on what applications you are using. Photoshop for example is coded to handle dual-processors, dual-core processors and in this case, the HT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom