integating win XP PRO-sp1(BOOTABLE) with SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well u can use thee official method by microsoft to integrate sp2 it's ,

plz rep me if u find it useful

Code:
How to integrate Windows XP Service Pack 2 files into the Windows XP installation folder

INTRODUCTION
This article describes how to integrate Mcft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) files into the Windows XP installation folder. You can use the /integrate switch or the Update.exe utility to perform this task. These tools help you run an in-place upgrade to Windows XP SP2 if the original Windows Setup CD is an earlier version of Windows XP.
Back to the top   Back to the top
MORE INFORMATION
Method 1: Use the /integrate switch
1.   Create two new folders on the computer. For example, create the C:\XPCD and C:\XPSP2 folders.
2.   Copy the files and folders in the i386 folder from the original Windows XP CD to C:\XPCD.
3.   Download the Windows XP SP2 network installation package to C:\XPSP2. To download the installation package, visit the following Mcft Web site:
*www.Mcft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&DisplayLang=en (*www.Mcft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&DisplayLang=en)

Note If the operating system uses a language other than English, change the language to English before you download. The Change Language option is listed in the middle of the download page.
4.   Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
5.   At the command prompt, type cd C:\XPSP2, and then press ENTER.
6.   Type WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\XPCD, and then press ENTER.
7.   The Windows Service Pack 2 Setup Wizard starts and notifies you that Windows XP SP2 files are being integrated into the Windows XP installation folder. Follow the instructions in the Windows Service Pack 2 Setup Wizard.
8.   Click OK when you see the dialog box that indicates that the integrated installation has completed successfully.
9.   After you complete the integration process, run an in-place upgrade to Windows XP SP2. To do this, click Start, click Run, type C:\XPCD\i386\winnt32, and then click OK.
Back to the top   Back to the top
Method 2: Use the Update.exe utility
1.   Follow steps 1 through 5 of Method 1.
2.   At the command prompt, type WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe –x, and then press ENTER.
3.   When you are prompted, make sure that C:\XPSP2 is listed as the destination folder for the extracted files, and then click OK to extract the files.
4.   At the command prompt, type C:\XPSP2\i386\update\update /s:C:\XPCD. The Windows Service Pack 2 Setup Wizard starts and notifies you that Windows XP SP2 files are being integrated into the Windows XP installation folder.
5.   Click OK when you see the dialog box that indicates the integrated installation has completed successfully.
6.   After you complete the integration process, run an in-place upgrade to Windows XP SP2. To do this, click Start, click Run, type C:\XPCD\i386\winnt32, and then click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom