Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
Look in :*www.gigabyte.com.hr/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-8AENXP-D.htm

I am not sure it will work....

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
I'm sure it'll work b'coz i've installed it.I have asrock 775dual915GL mobo and 80GB SATA HDD.

But small BIG problemo . it'll run in 16 colors as gma 900 driver is not available for 98. everything else works fine.

All that i had to do was enter the bios configure my bios and install 98.[changed IDE config to compatible which allows only 2 SATA and IDE and some other thing , i'll check if u want....]

I had posted a topic on driver for gma900 for 98 but no one could get that driver and intel doesnt seem to provide it. Some of my friends suggested to use VMWARE or MS virtual PC while at the digit forum people recommended me to trade my mobo.

Now i use only XP [ still have multi boot ]

Can anyone manage to get drivers for 98se of gma900 ??

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Check ur bios and mobo manual . Mine had specific instructions for those installing legacy OS ( it called so ) such as 98.But it also specified that VGA drivers are not available.So i keep it b'coz i have space and just in case !!!!!!

Again i'm requesting if u guys find driver of gma 900 , please !!! i want it . though it may not be certified .

And if any of u guys want 98 on 915 badly i recommend Vmware or MS virutal PC

walking-techie

Journeyman
i believe, all motherboards above 845 by intel have been optimised to support newer os versions
however in doing so they hav neglected the older os's which may be a problem for some as the older os installed will not be able to use all its features

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
I beleive ur right .i completely agree with u.
And we want to know the solution to this problem or rather work around for this problem.
Therefore,

SOS

mario_pant

In the zone
u know guys.... u r very lucky to have the 915 chipset cause thats the only one mac osx86 graphics are supported fully........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom