Installing Win Vista and Fedora Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huzefa

Journeyman
I'm reformatting my PC currently on WinXP and installing WinVista Ultimate and PCQlinux07, based on the Fedora Core. My PC is a amd athlon 64bit with 1 GB ram and two HDD's 80Gb and 120Gb(master) and two drives, one CDrw(master) and DVDr, with a broadband connection thru the lan on the mobo.

What should I install first ? Whats the disavantage of installing grub on the mbr ? and where else can it be installed if not here ?

As I will not be able to access this site as installation will be going on, any tips from those who have had a successfull installation ? And common problems that may be encountered ....?

thnkx guyz

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Install Windows first, else it will wipe out grub.. AFAIK, there is no issue with installing grub on the MBR. If not installing it on the MBR, you can install grub on any partition (preferably your / or /boot partition). And then you would have to direct the windows boot loader to boot from there.. But really, instaling grub on the MBR is much more easier :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
use easybcd for configuring boot options ... its a helpful app for tweaking the vista boot mgr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom