Installing SUSE Alongwith Vista-Some queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i want to install SUSE 10 (the one bundled with digit) on my pc.now i wanna know
will my printer HP 1210 work?
does SUSE support SLi-i have 2 7950's?
how to install it?

i have 2hdds-1 of 500 gb and other one of 160gb.i can install it in the 160gb one.in windows this is the partition info-
*img147.imageshack.us/img147/5791/51264367ce1.jpg
i want to install it in my F: which is 20gb NTFS so how do i setup partitions and which filesystem,etc?

and btw the most important question - if something goes wrong in SUSE will i have to install vista again :( ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes your printer will work auto-magically out of the box.

SLi is supported by the normal nVidia drivers itself, which you should install post-installation of SUSE. (Check the repositories for nvidia-glx-new driver package.)

It'd be good if you can convert that partition (Hope its a logical partition and not primary) into free space and then spot the free space easily in the GUI Partition Editor which shows up during SUSE's installation process. You need to set 19.5 GB as mount point for / and with FS as EXT3 and the rest free space as FS type SWAP.

Nothing would go wrong with SUSE but even if you wish to get rid of it, all you need to do is to erase the bootloader using Vista's boot disc and/or other GRUB erasing methods and then manually erase the Unknown-Filesystem partitions shown inside the Storage Manager of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom