installing old version games in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy_65_in

Padawan
Hi everybody.i am desperately trying to install certain janes combat sims like USAF,F 15,WW II FIGHTERS in my pre installed vista 32 bit home basic laptop ( Direct x 10) where these games cleared for win 95/98 wont install at all. anyone who has tried installing these games in vista .the WWII FIGHTERS does get installed but the laptop hangs almost in every session. i have a NVIDIA Go 6150 graphic card and 512 mb RAM. the games manufacturers themselves have no answer.looking forward for some excellent advise.where can i buy vista compatible combat sims .andy

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
u can try changing the compatibility mode, but games are problematic in vista for now specially the old games so if this method aint working well u can still try other way

nik_for_you

In the zone
^^ he is asking how to install. not to run..
If you cant install game in vista with setup.exe then there are almost no luck for it..

If you succed in installation you can change compitibility mode and try to run..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
nik_for_you said:
^^ he is asking how to install. not to run..
If you cant install game in vista with setup.exe then there are almost no luck for it..

If you succed in installation you can change compitibility mode and try to run..
Compatibility applies to mostly any EXE, be it a setup or the program.

And if the game doesn't work you either have to wait long for a patch, google the heck out of the internet or just give up and get some new game.

I see you've come here only after posting at several other spots, including CompatDB and such. I don't think you'll find a solution here either :(

Best would be to install XP too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom