Installing kde in fedora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
I tried to install kde in fedora 8.Got the error

[root@localhost ~]# yum groupinstall "KDE (K Desktop Environment)"
Existing lock /var/run/yum.pid: another copy is running as pid 2883.
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...
Another app is currently holding the yum lock; waiting for it to exit...

helpp:confused:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Stop any package manager or any other yum using frontend (Like the update manager, too) and then try. Two instances of a package manager cant run together.

Alternatively you may kill the process and try or simply reboot.

OP
Kenshin

Kenshin

meowww meoww
where is the system monitor in Fedora...I dun think update manager or anythin else is open.Also mmy other hard drive has not been detected,it is a dynamic drive not an extended one.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Run gnome-system-monitor or simply run htop / top tools to find a process using yum.

P.s. If no yum is running, its safe to delete the lock file (Must be under /var/run/<whatever> as Yum reports).

OP
Kenshin

Kenshin

meowww meoww
yeah it worked...but now its sayin 206MBs to be downloaded...but i feel kde is there in the dvd,....How to install from the dvd..

praka123

left this forum longback
@kenshin:press ALT+F2 to get run dialog and run "system-config-packages" and there u select Kde and go!

OP
Kenshin

Kenshin

meowww meoww
ok...still it tries to download...will try to install kde4 at nite during free time of my net connection...BTW why is my hdd not gettin mounted...its not extended its dynamic..wat to do

mediator

Technomancer
You need to be more elaborate! In Werewolf it lets u mount ur partitions ( Goto MyComputer ). It reads all of em and mounts if u want to and then stays mounted till u unmount them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom