Installation starts when opening some programmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sm_ashiq

Broken In
Dear Brothers.

CPU:AMD Athlon 2000 XP
Motherboard: Gigabyte 7VM333M-RZ(-C)
RAM:512MB 333Mhz

when i open programmes like Registry Mechanic or Microsoft Encarta some other programme's installation starts.

Help me to solve my problem.

Thank you in advance.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i think got to do with a faulty installation

maybe u have just copied the installation folder folder from a friend rather tha installing it frm a setup file

sakumar79

Technomancer
If I am not wrong, what is happening is that you are getting a "Preparing to install..." progress bar or "Configuring..." progress bar. Log in as administrator and run the programs (Registry Mechanic or Microsoft Encarta). When the progress bars appear, let it run completely. Then, restart the system and try to run the programs now... Hopefully, the problem would be gone. If not, run a complete install of the program for which you are getting the progress bar.

Arun

OP
S

sm_ashiq

Broken In
Some Instalation starts when i open some programmes

Dear Friends,

MOBO: Gibabyte 7VM333M-RZ(-C)
RAM:256MB 333Mhz
CPU: AMD AthlonXP 2000+

when i open some programmes some software installation starts. Please help me.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Share some more info the programs, what installations? IF possible post some pics of the software installation which starts to troubleshoot the problem

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Seems like he is talking about MS Office components!

I hv also faced the same thing!

It happenes when u didnt install the whole components and when u open the application, it starts installing the required components automatically!!!

OP
S

sm_ashiq

Broken In
Sourabh said:
Share some more info the programs, what installations? IF possible post some pics of the software installation which starts to troubleshoot the problem

Sorry Friend,
when i open Registy Mechanic, LGDownload programme, which i earlier installed on my computer, starts to install and it says CD not found in the drive please insert.
i found same problem while opening some other but i didn't remember which programme.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Ok Ok.....

Hold down man. We understood ur problem :D
Why r u posting the same thing so many times?

First tell me, did u install those s/w from CD?

U can do one thing, make dump of the setup on ur HDD and again open the s/w in which u r facing the problem and when it asks for CD, give it the location of the dump and it'll reinstall the s/w with the required files.

And I think ur problem will be solved!

Kniwor

Learner
U might have cached some files of those programs earlier and the deleted them, now it tries to install from those files and could not find them.

see to it that any process related to those program does not start at startup

OP
S

sm_ashiq

Broken In
Vishal Gupta said:
Ok Ok.....

Hold down man. We understood ur problem :D
Why r u posting the same thing so many times?

First tell me, did u install those s/w from CD?

U can do one thing, make dump of the setup on ur HDD and again open the s/w in which u r facing the problem and when it asks for CD, give it the location of the dump and it'll reinstall the s/w with the required files.

And I think ur problem will be solved!

Sorry my dear friend,

I didn't posted it purposely. it was an error. my computer didn't respond so i clicked submit button thrice.

I didn't install LGDownload s/w from CD. I downloaded that programme fron internet and installed from Harddisk.

I installed Registry Mechanic one month back and LGDownload two weeks back and LGDownload is working fine even now.

parthbarot

In the zone
May be its a virus...as i faced it just before 4 days...so please update ur antivirus first and scans all ur HDD ok? try to fix if u find it...Bcs it eats ur exex...may be...

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom